X-Surf-500 on an ACA500 and its orientation

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I don't want to assume where to connect the X-Surf-500 but it appears it connects to the bottom of the ACA500 (Not the Plus) which has the Ethernet Port pointing to the front just under the Left CF Card. There is no other way to connect the X-Surf-500 but I just want to clarify this before connecting it. The ACA500 Plus has its connection port on the the top but the original ACA500 its on the bottom although the silkscreen label is on the top. I know its an older card but its the card I have to play with right now. If I am correct in my assumption please let me know and if not please explain how to properly connect the card.

Far better to ask a stupid question than to make an improper connection resulting in damaging the cards.

• I don't want to assume where to connect the X-Surf-500 but it appears it connects to the bottom of the ACA500 (Not the Plus) which has the Ethernet Port pointing to the front just under the Left CF Card.

While the ACA500 has components facing down, the X-Surf-500 has components facing up. The manual is pretty clear about this - I have no idea how you got to the above assumption.

The ACA500 Plus has its connection port on the the top but the original ACA500 its on the bottom although the silkscreen label is on the top.

Both cards have the connector on the bottom side, which is the component side. However, the connector is a so-called "bottom-entry" connector. It is identical for both cards.

Another indicator for the right orientation is the mounting holes - these are also the same on both cards, and there's surely no way you can connect the card from the wrong side or the wrong orientation. At least, nobody has tried to use the stand-offs as "antennas" yet. So even if you *want* to make a mistake, it will be pretty evident that "something" is wrong :-)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.