Poor quality vga image with Chameleon 2

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • So been messing around with the 15KHz PAL mode in the Amiga AGA core, VIC20 core, C16 core and Atari ST core. My BenQ BL702A and BL912 can handle 15KHz and I get a much improved picture quality over 31KHz. So if we had a 15KHz mode for the C64 core aswell it would have been a nice option which can give much improved picture quality for monitors that handles it.

• Clearly, looking at the pictures from the facebook group, TC64 V1 shows the exact same ghosting as the TC64 V2 does.

I have a v1 and have never seen any ghosting. I've used at least 4 different LCD monitors during this time and not seen ghosting on any of them. That's using both PAL and NTSC 64s. IIRC I've only used as standalone with 1 LCD, but no ghosting seen there either.

• I have a v1 and have never seen any ghosting. I've used at least 4 different LCD monitors during this time and not seen ghosting on any of them. That's using both PAL and NTSC 64s. IIRC I've only used as standalone with 1 LCD, but no ghosting seen there either.

Lucky you. I get it with the docking station aswell. But I have two TC64 V2's and not V1. One of my TC64s show a little less ghosting than the other one.

• With that said, picture quality is still superior on my TC64 V2s (even with some ghosting) VS using s-video to my retro tink mini and then to HDMI. Every time I try to connect my C64s via native means (via C64 video port) I am disgusted by the jailbars, much lower colour saturation and always glad to be back to TC64s much cleaner and vibrant VGA output.

Another good example is the Mist VIC20 core. It looks 100 times better VS my real VIC20 using composite to retro tink mini.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.