A2000 and Indivision ECS V2

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I have an A2000 with Indivision ECS V2, a rather strange thing happened to me recently. The A2000 starts up regularly, when the WB appears, the mouse moves regularly, both buttons work, if I click the left button the amount of memory appears at the top if I click the right button the menus with the options appear. However, if I try to click any object on the desktop (not on the desktop empty space), everything on the desktop, icons, drawers, seems to be frozen. If I try to click again with the mouse, nothing happens. The computer works, the click of the floppy is also heard and it does not seem to be blocked. If I reset it or I turn it off and on again the problem is back again.

Since I have recently installed Indivision ECS V2 and I was doing some tests I thought I messed up the operating system, then I rebooted the A2000 from floppy, but nothing has changed, what could have happened?

Thank you

G.

PS: However, the layout of the Indivion ECS V2 does not appear to have been carefully designed for the A2000. They didn't think that in an A2000 equipped with MegaChip it could barely fit.

• Your "click and freeze" problem is a well-known CIA failure, it has nothing to do with Indivision ECS V2.

PS: However, the layout of the Indivion ECS V2 does not appear to have been carefully designed for the A2000. They didn't think that in an A2000 equipped with MegaChip it could barely fit.

As you wrote yourself, the fit is only problematic with "MegaChip" - obviously not a product made by iComp. You can always lift Indivision ECS V2 higher with an extra socket, so no problem there. Even "barely" fitting is a fit :-)

• Your "click and freeze" problem is a well-known CIA failure, it has nothing to do with Indivision ECS V2.

Today I removed and put back both the MegaChip and the indivision ECS V2 and it seems to have started working again. Anyway I'll keep the CIA problem in mind

As you wrote yourself, the fit is only problematic with "MegaChip" - obviously not a product made by iComp. You can always lift Indivision ECS V2 higher with an extra socket, so no problem there. Even "barely" fitting is a fit :-)

Could I then lift it with two additional sockets without any problem?

One more question, why is the Individual logo not displayed on the top left when I turn on the computer? it only appeared to me once yesterday while I was rehearsing

• Could I then lift it with two additional sockets without any problem?

"without any problem" is hard to say - you should at least use turned/precision sockets, not those cheap spring-contact sockets. Make sure you're not touching the drive/PSU bridge.

One more question, why is the Individual logo not displayed on the top left when I turn on the computer? it only appeared to me once yesterday while I was rehearsing

That's a software setting - you can have it show or not show, and you can even set the time until it's switching off - please see the documentation of the config tool.

• "without any problem" is hard to say - you should at least use turned/precision sockets, not those cheap spring-contact sockets. Make sure you're not touching the drive/PSU bridge.

That's a software setting - you can have it show or not show, and you can even set the time until it's switching off - please see the documentation of the config tool.

Ok, thanks for the suggestions and your helpful

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.