P96 3.0 screen dragging question

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, I installed P96 3.0 - thanks Jens and developers/testers!

I was wondering, I am not able to drag down screens. My machine is:

AA3000+ with Prometheus and Voodoo 3 3000 PCI. Does it not work with this chip/configuration?

Also, is there some sort of change log you can share?

Thanks,

• The card drivers must of course support screen dragging. Please ask the author of those drivers to add support - the developer archives have been updated in the Wiki and are free to download for anyone without registration.

• It's even the other way around: Cybervision and BVision cards don't support screen dragging, because the hardware just can't do it. The other card drivers in the archive have already been updated, including Picasso2 driver.

• Jens, screen dragging is not working on my Spectrum 24 card. Dragging is supported by the card since I remember using it long time ago when I was using Cybergraphx. Is there a setting to turn on this feature?

Thanks!

• Screen dragging on the Chameleon / Mist MiniMig FPGA cores are not possible I guess ? (AM. Robinson added experimental RTG a while ago :-) )

• It can surely be implemented on the Chameleon - there's plenty of memory, and adding the required regsiter/functionality is within the realm of "possible" on the 25k LE-FPGA.

• It can surely be implemented on the Chameleon - there's plenty of memory, and adding the required regsiter/functionality is within the realm of "possible" on the 25k LE-FPGA.

By the way, the screen-dragging functionality doesn't seem to be properly documented in the carddevelop.lha archive.

I think there should be some mention of the SetScreenSplit() in the PrivateInclude/CARDDEVELOP.HTML file, but it doesn't seem to be there?

(Minimig leaves the 25kLE FPGA *very* full, by the way, and because of that the existing RTG functionality is a bit "creative". It doesn't even have a CRTC - instead it uses the AGA chipset generate the sync pulses.)

• The carddevelop archive may be outdated. Thor maintains documentation in our Wiki, please also check that. If there's anything missing, I can relay the info to him.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.