MK3 no output

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Tested unit-behavior same as described (hardware not found, works from rescue disk, cannot survive cold boot). The only note indicates that it is repaired (Rechnung RG21-1711).

I am guessing that the repair team could not identify the fault or CND?

• I can see that the CPLD was re-programmed on this one, and it has been put through the QC procedure again, including the "bending test" that sometimes reveals problems.

What's the power supply you are using? It may be a simple problem of "power glitch while coming up" that keeps the unit from starting properly. If it works from rescue disk, we're definitely looking at a startup failure that is OK if kicked again.

One more thing you could try is to set the board to launch in PAL mode - just to see if there is a difference in behaviour. From your previous posts, I know you're good with a soldering iron, so changing that jumper setting (which I believe is at the bottom of the A1200 board) should be easy to do for you.

• Little update on this, Jens. I converted the A1200 to a hybrid PAL (preserving the NTSC system clock.). No behavioral changes to the issue.

I was able to acquire another A1200 and the card has been operating perfectly. I would gladly revisit this if your team has any ideas-or, even loan the board to your technical team for diagnostics. Clearly there is something defective with the A1200 that seems to have no impact on any other aspect of the system's performance-other than the ACA. (recall that it does not survive cold boot after flashing)

After spending some time with the ACA, it is an absolutely beautiful hardware upgrade. Just a shame we were not able to solve this specific issue.

Kind regards.

• ACA is our series of accelerators (stands for "Amiga Classic Accelerator). This thread is about Indivision. You're probably confusing names here.

If you would send us the board for reproducing the issue here, that would be great. However, this may result in some pain with customs and week-long delays. If you're willing to part with the board for considerable amount of time, that would be great. It's currently our best chance to see this problem in real life. We did refund two or three Indivision units since it's been released, because we were unable to reproduce the issue.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.