An idea for a future revision of C64R

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I looked at the "analogue only" schematics (as that's the only one available as PDF), and only found what's already there: Proper buffering and termination for the S-Video output.

What's the digital part for? Is it digitizing and converting back to analogue with component-out?

• I have discussed this with Peter for over 2.5 hours, and we came to the conclusion that that is not a product for iComp. We have a much more powerful concept that was in the planning phase since the C64 Reloaded MK2 was made, and that's a unit that plugs into the VIC socket (similar to what c0pperdragon is doing), but outputs fully digital video to be compatible with today's TVs.

This includes sampling audio and inserting that into the HDM! stream as well. Further, it includes scaling and scan conversion, similar to what Chameleon can do, plus the possibility to be pixel-synchronous. In essence, it's going to be a full flicker fixer like the Indivision series for the Amiga.

• Thanks for considering my suggestion! I agree that the alternate solution you have is more complete. HDMI is much better nowadays and 50hz is not an issue any more. I look forward for the product :)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.