ACA500+ Spacebar

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Greetings from the USA.. Great product. Have had it for 3 weeks.

Bought the ACA500+ from someone who BROKE IT. They bent 2 pins of the AUX CF side and actually broke the solder point on the pin on the backside from driving the pin through the back of the slot. I fortunately knew how to fix it, so my card works as intended.

My question is: When you select PAL or NTSC with the space-bar on the starfield boot screen, are you just selecting the menu preference or are you selecting the mode you want the Amiga to bootup in? I ask because when I play pal games, I have to flip my switch on the Amiga to change screen size modes. I have a switch attached to pin 41 of my ECS Agnus to control this.

One other thing: When I press TAB, Ive noticed that it says RTC 3: Not Detected yet I have the A501 in the trapdoor. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for a super much needed product

• I have a switch attached to pin 41 of my ECS Agnus to control this.

There's a setting in the menu that lets you "force PAL" or "force NTSC", regardless of how you set that switch.

One other thing: When I press TAB, Ive noticed that it says RTC 3: Not Detected yet I have the A501 in the trapdoor. Is this normal?

Kind of, yes, as the auto-detection of RTC does not work reliably. The ACA500plus allows you to choose from a total of three locations for the RTC, and that's the trapdoor, an RTC module on the ACA500plus directly, or an RTC that's on an A1200 accelerator. There is a setting in the global settings menu where you can manually set where the ACA500plus shall find it's RTC, and if you manually set that to "trapdoor", it'll work.

• The force NSTC or PAL setting is one of those wonderful features of the ACA500plus. I use it all the time when I want to play games designed for 320x200 resolution.

No need to solder a switch :)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.