Indivision ECS strange mouse Cursor activity

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I just received and installed an Indivision ECS in my Amiga 500 with TerribleFire 534 installed. Everything seems to work except with the Indivision installed my cursor jumps all over while moving, sometimes duplicating to other parts of the screen. When I switch back to my Denise chip, behavior returns to normal. Mouse cursor moves smoothly with no duplication. But if the Indivision is installed again, back to jumping and duplicating.

this occurs on the vga connection as well as rgb (over rgb4all svideo board) and mono.

Here is video of behavior with the Indivision ECS installed:

https://youtu.be/E2Dm-T3lnr0

And here is the behavior with standard Denise chip reinstalled:

https://youtu.be/4UhWIA6-rJk

• Our QC procedure still installs a fairly old FPGA core. Please download the latest config tool and run the firmware update from that - this solved mouse movement issues.

• I added the Indivision Config Tool to prefs and ran it. I ran both "Firmware Flash" and "Firmware Flash File", after reboots on each there is no change to mouse cursor behavior. It jumps all over the place to the point of near un-usability unless I reinstall the original Denise.

Is there a different/more recent firmware file I should be downloading other than what comes with: http://wiki.icomp.de/w/images/…ivisionECSv2-20190516.lha

If so where do I get that newer firmware from.

• Oof... well looks like you guys are off the hook. In constantly swapping my denise back in to be able to use mouse I managed to snap a leg off of the indivision ECS V2. I'm going to to solder a peg in place and permanently attach it to a standoff to try and get it usable again, but I appreciate that the snapped leg probably voids the warranty.

Do I need to buy another one in order to qualify for support for this issue? Would I likely see the same unusable mouse cursor with another one?

• I wonder if the leg has come off earlier, and the whole issue was caused by one of the mouse-related signals not being connected. If you solder a pin back in, it should be "back to working" as it did during our QC procedure.

You do of course still qualify for product support, and I'm confident that this will work for you just like it does for hundreds of other customers. Before I write way too many unrelated things (because I believe that everything will work after you've added the missing contact back in), please do repair the pin if you can.

If you still don't get it to work, please describe the exact system you have, including all chip revisions, main board revision and power supply you're using.

• Pin repaired, everything is working exactly as before. Jumping mouse, but perfect crystal clear video. It's so close I can taste it...

Amiga 500 (Rev 5)

3.X Kickstart Cloanto Rom (https://amigastore.eu/en/455-rom-3x-amiga-5006002000.html)

8372A Agnus(318069-02)

Terrible Fire TF536 (http://www.amibay.com/showthre…-the-A500&highlight=tf536) Though the issue persists with original Process plugged in (MC68000P8)

Gary TC17G008AP-0025

Paula 8364R7

8520A-1 CIA board (DF0 switch on Even)

RGB4all Composite/S-Video board (https://retrohax.net/shop/amig…sal-video-converter-v1-1/)

Workbench 3.1

In a standard state, all works as expected. Add in the Indivision EVS and the mouse does the electric boogaloo all over the screen.

• I worked out the troublemaker, unfortunately I don;t see a way around it. I have this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flexi…i-computers-/333301477068

To move my TF536 over a few inches (using plastic standoffs so it doesn't make contact with the board. I have this because I have a megachip coming in the mail in a few days and the above flexible rellocator is the only way I can move the TF536 so it will clear the taller Agnus stack. So it seems I may need to decide between mega-chip, TF536 or Indivision... I apparently cannot have them all because the indivision doesn't play nicely with the flexible processor extender.

The rellocator does work fine with standard Denise though... maybe s-video will just have to be good enough.

• By the way, I am not blaming the Indivision ECS for not working with some generic piece of kit. It works perfectly with the extender taken out of the equation. It’s just something with this eBayed extender...

• Such an extender using ribbon cable (?) for extending unbuffered signals is just an accident waiting to happen. Unbuffered signals without proper ground reference near them == bad idea. I would not call this "generic equipment" but "random-bad-hack". Maybe OK for a proof-of-concept, but if you want to release it into the field, you should at least apply the most basic engineering knowledge.

I have new ACE2 boards in the works, and they are even flatter than the previous ones (though larger, but not extending towards the CPU in an A500). Maybe these will help using an internal accel without a relocator.

• Just a heads up on this... I purchased a straight line proc re-locator for my TF536 (rather than the Angled re-locator they are typically supplied with).

With this re-locator I clear both the iECSv2 and my mega-chip without contacting the Keyboard or top case in anyway.

My cursor bouncing issues are resolved and the iECSv2 works BEAUTIFULLY in this configuration. So if anyone else runs into a similar issue, a simple straight line re-locator will clear all of the vital bits.

• I'm still not a fan of such "relocators" - good for you if it works, but these things tend to behave totally unpredictable if you change a minor thing in the system.

It's not too long until Ace2b goes into production. Almost all components are already here, so SMD-production can most likely start next week. Would be interesting to see if you can live without a relocator with Ace2b.

• Greetings,

I just received my ECS V2 card. I've attached the ground, and installed it. The cursor is unusable, as it jumps around.

My A500 has a TerribleFire 534 without the relocater. AmigaOS 3.1.4 installed on a 16GB CF2IDE card, 1MB Chip RAM, 4MB Fast RAM (from the 534). The power supply is from Commodore4Ever. It has the LED panel on the front. Voltage sits at 4.9V, 2.0A most of the time.

I've flashed the card with the latest utility from the website, and it seems to have gotten worse. I've saved the settings, and rebooted, same thing. I used the emergency disk, ran the update again from the CLI, and saved it. Same thing after the reboot. I also plugged the Denise back in so I could control the mouse, and ran the utility to check the different video settings. I put the ECS V2 back in, and no matter the video mode I eventually manage to select, it's still got the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

• I can share some info with regards to strange mouse behaviour. However, it was the other way around. The first Amiga 500 ++ Replica board I did, I donated most of the components from a Rev 6A A500 board. Most of the components were identical, however there were a few differences.. Among these differences there was the EMI filters E441, E442, E443 and E444 (These are right below the Even CIA). In an A500 + (Or replica board these should be 470pf. In the A500 board (At least the 6A boards I've seen) I believe two of them E442 and E443 were 100pf, while E441 and E444 were the 470pf ones. I donated these parts and I think I used the two 100pf ones as E442 and E444 and the 470pf ones I put on E443 and E441 spots (So not like they originally were installed in the 6A board I donated from). I didn't think it would matter much because these are EMI filters.. I was wrong..

What happened was the when using a real Denise in the Replica A500 ++ board the mouse would move in all directions the first 10 seconds or so after coldboot. But then after a little while the mouse would not work on the right direction. All other directions worked. And if I did a coldboot again it would work again.

Now, when I used the Indivision ECS V2 in place of the real Denise I did not get this problem. I ended up swapping so all 4 of these filters was 470pf, like they should be in A500 Plus boards. After that the mouse was working as it should with the real Denise.

Now, I wonder if the few people that has problems with the ECS V2 in a few A500 boards, if it could somehow be related to different EMI filters used in this section. I have not had any problems in the one Rev 6A board I've tried the ECS V2 in. I think most of the Rev 6A boards I've seen has the above mentioned EMI filter setup in that section. Two 100pf (If I remember correctly) and two 470pf.

• I had that same problem on my A1K A500 Rev 8B board. Which I did the same as you. Do no more a replica boards there is always something. Use now the A500 Rev 6A with the Indivision ECS V2 and have no problems more. Use the old A500 tank mouse. See it on my A1200 strange mouse behavior with the AGA MK2CR. The black AMIGA Technologies Hi Resolution mouse work but the white AMIGA Technologies Hi Resolution mouse not. The white AMIGA Technologies Hi Resolution mouse work well with the AGA MK3.

The Indivision ECS V2 and the AGA MK3 are great flicker fixers. And are easy to understand how everything works. And the best are the updates for it. Had a lot of problems with the ECS V1 and to much with the AGA MK2CR. Use the BenQ BL702A monitors and know it is picky with resolutions. The best is PAL High Res Laced and have a stable HighGFX Super High Res Laced with AGA MK3. And with ECS V2 it don’t work HighGFX Super High Res Laced.

A1200 GHOST Rev2B RECAP TSB 2020 / CA-PSU / Indivision AGA MK3 / Blizzard 1230 IV

A1200 CD32 Rev1D.4 RECAP TSB 2019 / CA-PSU / Indivision AGA MK3 / ACA1234-50
    A1200 BLACK Rev2B RECAP TSB 2018 / CA-PSU / Indivision AGA MK3 /
    Blizzard 1230 IV

A1200 TRANSLUCENT Rev1D.4 RECAP TSB 2018 /
    CA-PSU / Indivision AGA MK2CR / ACA1233-55 LE
    A500 BLACK Rev6A / CA-PSU / ACE2 / Indivision ECS V1-V2 / ACA500Plus V1-V2 / ACA1221 Rev1.3 / ACA1233n-55

C64R MK1-MK2 TRANSPARENT 2015 DM / iComp 12V 2.0A / TC64 V1

Edited 2 times, last by JohanSSID ().

• I had that same problem on my A1K A500 Rev 8B board. Which I did the same as you. Do no more a replica boards there is always something. Use now the A500 Rev 6A with the Indivision ECS V2 and have no problems more. Use the old A500 tank mouse. See it on my A1200 strange mouse behavior with the AGA MK2CR. The black AMIGA Technologies Hi Resolution mouse work but the white AMIGA Technologies Hi Resolution mouse not. The white AMIGA Technologies Hi Resolution mouse work well with the AGA MK3.

The Indivision ECS V2 and the AGA MK3 are great flicker fixers. And are easy to understand how everything works. And the best are the updates for it. Had a lot of problems with the ECS V1 and to much with the AGA MK2CR. Use the BenQ BL702A monitors and know it is picky with resolutions. The best is PAL High Res Laced and have a stable HighGFX Super High Res Laced with AGA MK3. And with ECS V2 it don’t work HighGFX Super High Res Laced.

As long as you put the correct parts in the correct spots, A500 ++ Replica boards is not an issue. Am currently using one of my correctly done A500 ++ replica boards with my ECS V2. No issues whatsoever.

I have the AGA MK2 in one of my A1200s and have no issues with the mouse. I am using original A600/A1200 ball mouse for both systems. I believe they are the new old stock Amiga Tech mices.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.