Buddha 20th Anniversary DOM not booting

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi I've got a Buddha / DOM issue, running in my A4000D.

Running 3.1.4 OS&ROMs

I followed the instructions and left the DOM on IDE 2 and plugged my OS into IDE 1 but the DOM never booted, nor does it show up within Workbench.

The Amiga & Buddha boots and runs fine with my CF card installed on IDE 1, and a CD-ROM on IDE 2 - I can't seem to run anymore devices.

With nothing else plugged in the DOM does boot - but then I can't install it anywhere. Tried with a 20GB standard IDE HDD too.

• First of all, I'd try booting the sytem without any other boot media. Note that the DOM is formatted in a way that practically any other boot device will have higher priority. So the install-DOM will only boot if there's nothing else in the system.

• Hi Jens, yes as above, so with nothing but the DOM it boots into the DOM.

When then I plug back in my OS into IDE 1 with the DOM remaining in IDE 2 it boots, HDToolBox doesn't see the DOM, but when I changed the information on HDToolbox to buddhascsi.device from scsi.device HDToolBox sees both the DOM and my CF HDD.

However the DOM doesn't show on the Workbench?

• Hi Jens, yes as above, so with nothing but the DOM it boots into the DOM.

So the Buddha is OK, and the DOM is OK.

When then I plug back in my OS into IDE 1 with the DOM remaining in IDE 2 it boots, HDToolBox doesn't see the DOM, but when I changed the information on HDToolbox to buddhascsi.device from scsi.device HDToolBox sees both the DOM and my CF HDD.

This is all expected behaviour, as the boot priority of the Install-DOM is very low for a reason: After a harddisk has been installed, you should be able to boot from it, and what better behaviour can you ask for if it just works without having to remove the DOM?

However the DOM doesn't show on the Workbench?

That's probably because the "last disk" bis is set on your boot media, keeping the Buddha from mounting the install DOM. HDToolbox will probably show your boot media as "changed", and the only change is that it's not the last disk in the unit chain any more. Click on "save" and reboot, then the install DOM will also be mounted and be visible on your WB.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.