ACA500 Plus and Kickstart 3.1.4

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • you cannot load 3.1.4 into the ACA500plus as standard install, but you can certainly use it to install WB3.1.4.

I have done that and it works great.

You first need to flash a new rom into one of the available ROM slots in the ACA. (well it will use 2 slots, as it is 512Kb).
    You can use the acaflash tool for that.

Once that's slotted in, you create a new advanced configuration in the F10 menu and select that ROM, and then either boot from the WB3.1.4 floppies and continue from there with the CF card formatting, WB install, etc... , or simply use WinUAE on your PC to create a WB3.1.4 CF card, and then you can just pop it in in your Boot CF Card slot and boot from there.

Below my current 3.1.4 custom setup.

Good luck

• Hi, thank for the tips.

Only the part about the 512mb of flash is not very clear to me. The kickstart for the a500 is 256mb (as the one that comes with the 3.1.4) how can I make it 512?

Thank you.

• madk71,

your original A500 kickstart v1.3 is 256Kb, whereas the new kickstart v3.1.4 is 512Kb. Each ROM slot in the ACA500plus is designed to hold 256Kb worth of data. But if you copy a 512Kb kickstart to the ACA500plus ROM, it will just use 2 slots.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.