AGA MK3 noise in high resolution modes

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • With the the MK III installed Im getting noise/distortion in high resolution modes. See attached picture. I do not have the noise issue at those resolutions without the card. (Standard Amiga output to SCART to HDMI converter)

I've clean the Lisa pins, reseated the card, tried different monitors and cables, with and without the ACA1233n accelerator, and with different power supplies.

One suggested solution was to jumper E127R.

My configuration:

A1200 Channel Z Rev 1D.3

ACA1233n accelerator

Commodore PSM‐600 & Keelog power Supply

64 Gig Compact Flash HD and adapter

Hardware Gayle reset fix

• I do not have the noise issue at those resolutions without the card. (Standard Amiga output to SCART to HDMI converter)

I doubt that - the picture using such a solution is so blurry and low-colour-depth that you hardly see the level of detail that you're observing here. That said, it's mentioned in the manual, and you most likely get rid of these glitches with the CCK capacitance.

• The image from the converter certainly isnt as sharp as the MK3, and there is some flickering with interlacing modes, but the test patterns are readable and I don't get the same noise/distribution as shown in the picture. I also don't see the same noise/distortion with an OSSC or from the one monitor I was able to get working directly from the A1200.

I haven't had an the opportunity to bring the configuration app over to the Amiga so I'll do that shortly and see how that works.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.