MK3 - scanline overlay suggestion

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I got a suggestion about scanlines overlay. I don't know if that is possible, but this is just an idea for consideration.

As output resolutions are always fixed in standards like: 800x600, 1024x768, 1240x1024, 1920x1080 etc.

maybe it is possible to create embeded and fixed (not scalable) scanlines overlays for every resolution.

With only intensity value for set. That overlay should be layered after all input scaling and before output

Something like Indivision overlay with current parameters informations that appears in the top-corner.

so the scanlines would't be affected when input image is scaled and moved, so it would avoid distortions.

Also there would be possible then to add some different pattern variations.

• Scanline emulation can only look "OK" if they are on every other line of the input picture. I can see fromt he other support thread you've opened that you are using a very low-resolution output, which is just the opposite that you want to see - increase the resolution to the maximum your monitor can display! This way, the built-in scaler works a lot better, and the adjustments for HFilter and VFilter actually make sense. The scaler is made to scale up, not down.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.