Indivision AGA MK3 - filling up the whole monitor height

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I am using MK3 for a couple of days and I like it a lot.

Also I have just updated Firmware to 1.5.

I got a question please see at attached pictures for more information.

My WB is in HighGFX mode 1024x768 and the WB screen fills up the whole monitor height

from very top to the bottom without even 1 pixel of blank space - which is great! (picture s1)

But when I am launching standard WHDLoad games (or switchng WB mode to hires laced)

the screen goes to 800x600 resolution but it not fills up the whole height of the screen anymore.

(picture s2)

There is some blank space between the picture and monitor edge.

I tried to change Pre: 800x600 PAL from 800x600 VESA to 1024x768 VESA but also there is a blank space.

(picture s3)

Also, I am using scanlines overlay 75% in that mode. When Pre 800x600 PAL is displaying 800x600 the lines are perfect.

But when I change Pre: 800x600 PAL to run in 1024x768 the lines are not distributed evenly, Their position looks like scaled/distorted.

Thanks in advance.

• This blank space can be filled by changing the scaling values. However, the "PRE" modes are protected from being changed - all the fields become really adjustable after you've made a copy of the mode and applied that to the "current" screen mode.

Also, you can always use the live configuration mode to move and stretch the picture, even in-game.

The "pre" modes for PAL and NTSC are chosen with a low output resolution in order to be compatible with most monitors. The higher the resoluton of your monitor, the higher you can go with the output resolution, and the better the results of our internal scaler will be. Your monitor looks like it's a full-HD, so you might want to try 1920x1080 and then re-try the scanline emulation. Further, the scaler can be adjusted with the HFilter and VFilter sliders. Scanline emulation is especially hard for the scaler, as an alternating pattern of the highest-possible frequency in the Y-axis is really pushing our simple scaler to it's limits. It gets *much* better if you use the full native resolution of your monitor.

• This blank space can be filled by changing the scaling values. However, the "PRE" modes are protected from being changed - all the fields become really adjustable after you've made a copy of the mode and applied that to the "current" screen mode.

You are right that "dangerous" settings are protected in the 'Preset' modes, but position and scaling are always adjustable.

Also, you can always use the live configuration mode to move and stretch the picture, even in-game.

The "pre" modes for PAL and NTSC are chosen with a low output resolution in order to be compatible with most monitors. The higher the resoluton of your monitor, the higher you can go with the output resolution, and the better the results of our internal scaler will be. Your monitor looks like it's a full-HD, so you might want to try 1920x1080 and then re-try the scanline emulation. Further, the scaler can be adjusted with the HFilter and VFilter sliders. Scanline emulation is especially hard for the scaler, as an alternating pattern of the highest-possible frequency in the Y-axis is really pushing our simple scaler to it's limits. It gets *much* better if you use the full native resolution of your monitor.

Thanks for answer, I will try it..

• I tried with different parameters but finnaly I ended with Pre: 640x512 PAL that outputs 1240x1024 resolution

instead of Pre: 800x600 PAL that outputs 800x600. The first one gives biger picture, also scanlines are not much distorted.

I think is the best so far for lowres resolutions and games.

I tried to make my own settings using 1920x1080 or other resolution but I always ended with distored, streched or distorted scanlies output.

yep its hard :-)

Maybe in further firmware release you could add some additional predefined setting like 640x512 PAL that will output not streched 1920x1080

with not distorted scanlines.

• This really sounds like you haven't found the adjust function with the mouse: If you're in the test/adjust window, position the mouse pointer in the window where all the settings are, outside any controls. Press and hold the left mouse button, then move the mouse. The picture will move. Now do the same, but with the right mouse button held. The picture will be re-sized in both directions, according to your mouse movements.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.