Indivision AGA MK3 - Test cases

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I've noticed the Indi3 flickers between frames at certain points consistently while watching the start of the "Hardwired" Demo (tested via WHDload).

In the live config mode, you can see SHires and Interlaced flash on and off rapidly, as if the Indi3 is incorrectly detecting certain screen modes?

Attached is my A1200 mobo

• In the live config mode, you can see SHires and Interlaced flash on and off rapidly, as if the Indi3 is incorrectly detecting certain screen modes?

It's not "incorrectly" - the demo is programmed a bit weird and the limits for screenmode recognition may have to be changed to not act up with software that quickly changes the number of lines and inserts funny screenmode changes every now and then. The Amiga is a great machine that can output extremely flexible video modes, but this also means that software can mess up a lot. I'll take a look at the demo and see if I can find a quick fix in the settings.

• I found another test case worth checking out:

F/A-18 Interceptor. Flickering wildly from the map selection screen and into game.

I see this after performing following steps:

• Resetting Indi3 to defaults (v1.4 software, 20200812 firmware)
    • While in standard PAL mode in workbench, I create a duplicate of "Pre 800x600 PAL" profile, so it moves to the top called "Custom-800x600 PAL".
    • Create a custom VGA mode "Custom-800x600@50Hz" for PAL (which works fine for Workbench and other games, 1440x1080@50Hz).
    • Settings > Apply VGA mode to other profiles
    • Start game.

After trying may combinations, I can work around the problem by disabling the "Pre 800x600 PAL" (at the bottom of the list). Not sure why, since the "Pre 800x600 PAL" VGA mode is now the same as "Custom-800x600 PAL" - i.e. both are using "Custom-800x600@50Hz". Kinda curious to know how the system selects which profile for a given display mode, and why in this case it's not sticking to the custom one at the top of the list, as I assume that should take priority?

I'm getting the same issue on two of my monitors connected via HDMI. DVI mode on or off doesn't make a difference.

Note that this didn't fix the Hardwired issue as above.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.