Installing without DOM

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • A while ago I bought a second hand A3000 and it came with a Buddha 20th anniversary. I recently got the SCSI on the A3000 working and moved the Buddha over to my A1200 tower (With ZIV busboard) for use with Buddhas fastZ2 mode, but now I'm finding it quite difficult to install because the Buddha did not come with the DOM. By just installing the Buddha I do not get any buddhascsi.device or similar showing up anywhere, however the Buddha appears to be working. It's present in the early boot menu and sysspeed. And I am able to use buddha flash to set it to fastZII mode.

I've tried running finddevice but it also finds no device related to Buddha.
    So I donwloaded some older Buddha install .lha from the wiki and while everything installs fine when it gets to the point where it launches finddevice it tells me "Failed to initialize: Can't find the buddha semaphore. Probably the IDE driver is not loaded. This is in regards to buddha_atapi.device.

I'm at a bit of a loss. I understand that I should have the DOM with all it's amazing software, but is there no way to get things installed without the DOM? I don't need any fancy features, I just want my CD-rom to work. I currently have a CD-rom drive connected to one IDE port and a IDE2CF (without a CF-card in it) connected to the other port.

• So I donwloaded some older Buddha install .lha from the wiki and while everything installs fine when it gets to the point where it launches finddevice it tells me "Failed to initialize: Can't find the buddha semaphore. Probably the IDE driver is not loaded. This is in regards to buddha_atapi.device.

That will only work with the old ROM by Elaborate Bytes. While you do have a license for that, we have completely dropped the ROM in favour of a new one that works much better with CF cards and similar devices (at the cost of dropping support for removable media like ZIP and LS120).

If you want to use the installer from the Elaborate bytes disk, you should point finddevice to "buddhascsi.device" manually. This will also find a CD-Rom drive, which of course should be set to "master". However, you may need to connect a "dummy" Harddrive in order to tell the ROM not to save memory by not installing buddhascsi.device - it may do just that because there is no mass-storage device found at boot time. In other words: Please insert a CF card into your adapter, so the device will be loaded to RAM for sure.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.