ACA500+ doesn't recognise any of the Compact Flash Modules Inserted.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

Several days ago, I bought an ACA500+ from Individual Computers.

I already had one, but because it didn't function as it should, I bought a second one.

I tested the new ACA500+ and guess what, the new ACA500+ behaves exactly the same as the old one.

So, the problem is, that when my Amiga boots from the Compact Flash, it boots, but resets after a few seconds and returns to the Kickstart boot screen.

Also , when I launch the "ACA 500 automatic instaler", none of the 2 Compact Flash Cards (AUX and BOOT) are recognize.

Can somebody please help me on thus issue ?

Kindest Regards

• Sounds like a power supply problem, or a problem with the CF cards you have there. Please specify exactly what type of power supply and what type of CF cards you have there.

• Hi, my Amiga Power Supply is a heavy one and has 4,5 Amps for 5 volts. The CF modules are all SanDisk 4GB modules.

The only expansion in my Amiga 500+ is a 1MB chip ram expansion and an Individual scandoubler

• Hi, my Amiga Power Supply is a heavy one and has 4,5 Amps for 5 volts.

"heavy" and 4.5A does not compute.

The heavy types are 2.5A, and the 4.5A types are light-weight switch mode power supplies. Both need a re-cap after all these years, so you may just be looking at a ripple problem.

The CF modules are all SanDisk 4GB modules.

What's the source, where did you buy them?

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.