Indivision AGA MK3 - mouse pointer scale?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

New Indivision user here.. loving it so far! :)

One small issue for me at the moment.. the workbench mouse pointer appears much larger now when using HiRes in Workbench. Switching from lores to hires in prefs is somewhat better, but I was wondering on any options to scale this further? (either with the Indivision or additional program)

Also, I notice the pointer becomes 'dither lines' when moving fast, or alternate pixel lines shifting out by a pixel or so when moving slowly.. not sure if this is an expected issue, or if there's a setting I may have missed to resolve this?

(A1200 currently on WB40.42 & KS39.106)

Cheers!

D13TZ13

• One small issue for me at the moment.. the workbench mouse pointer appears much larger now when using HiRes in Workbench. Switching from lores to hires in prefs is somewhat better, but I was wondering on any options to scale this further? (either with the Indivision or additional program)

I don't know of any program that does this, although it's very possible that it exists. Just scan through Aminet - that's the prime source for such software.

Also, I notice the pointer becomes 'dither lines' when moving fast, or alternate pixel lines shifting out by a pixel or so when moving slowly.. not sure if this is an expected issue, or if there's a setting I may have missed to resolve this?

Tat's an indication that you're using an interlaced screen - the two half-frames are sent out in alternating order, and if the mouse pointer is moving horizontally, you get a snapshot of each half-frame displayed at the same time (due to "flicker fixing"), where in reality, these frames have a slightly different time stamp.

This problem has been known in the world of TV ever since 100Hz TV was introduced to reduce flickering - and they invented complicated "comb filters" to work around the problem, sacrificing picture sharpness. It was also present in the Amiga world ever since the first flicker fixers were introduced over 30 years ago - and not a single product (including Indivision AGA MK3) has a solution, as it's *extremely* complicated to detect such a comb-pattern and render around it.

Flicker fixers have been around for over 30 years, and everyone learned to live with this effect. Although Indivision AGA MK3 has enough memory to implement a double-buffer solution combined with a software patch that only updates the mouse position on every other VBlank, I have my doubts if that would be worth it: The mouse pointer would feel jerky, not as responsive as it is right now. So my best suggestion at this point is to live with the effect for a few weeks and see if it really is that disturbing.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.