Indi MK3 tower hdmi bracket.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I knocked together a quick prototype this morning in fusion360. Thought I'd share. Couple of tweeks and I'll be happy with it. Great work on the MK3.

P.S. any chance of a optional pcb which has a hdmi and 2xusb sockets so it can be used with a rapid road in a desktop 1200 case.

Saves having cables hanging out the back.

• Thanks - that looks great! Are the two pictures really of the same unit? One shows a cable tie, and the other shows M3 screws&nuts.

Please note that both logos are not licensed, so you better don't advertise this for sale. Indivision AGA MK3 is officially "DVI with optional sound" to avoid the fees that are due if you want to use the logo or the 4-letter combination for advertising.

• I've not considered selling them. I made this as i have put my MK3 in a towered A1200 and wanted a neat solution for the cable. I rummaged around all my old pci cards looking for something I could reuse but ended up having to opt for a custom 3D print. Yes it's the same thing. Cable tie is by the vga socket and nylon m3 bolt with steel nut by "dvi with audio".

• Oh, now that you say it: There are screws in the mounting holes :-)

Other people might find the data interesting, so if you have a version without the logos for other owners of a 3D printer, that would surely be a cool thing. On a side note, that new A-Logo isn't exactly my favourite (I'm a fan of the original A1000 logo), and the dot on the "i" might get in the way if you're trying to fit it nicely in a case. Further, it would be a good idea to use a filament that is electrically conductive, for shielding reasons (if that even exists).

I should probably offer a stanless steel version of this, so the shielding part is taken care of.

• Another nice one! Are these flat-head screws digging their own thread into the plastic, or are you using nuts to tighten them?

Also, do you happen to know if there is electrically-conductive filament, so your creation has shielding properties?

• Another nice one! Are these flat-head screws digging their own thread into the plastic, or are you using nuts to tighten them?

Also, do you happen to know if there is electrically-conductive filament, so your creation has shielding properties?

The screws are digging there own thread.

Will only work for 2 or 3 times.

And yes, there is electrically-conductive filament. Is it better to use this ?

• And yes, there is electrically-conductive filament. Is it better to use this ?

In a never-ending effort to teach all case-builders and modders the basic rule of "you can never have enough ground and shielding": Yes, it's best to make things out of metal, and connect that metal to GND or shield (just make sure not to confuse or even short them, otherwise you make your case an antenna instead of a shield).

The mount holes of the VGA/H*MI board are grounded, so your choice of flat-head screws is already OK if the flat head has a rough surface. If the bottom surface of the flat head is completely level, I recommend to use a serrated washer between the screw head and the circuit board, so contact is really safe. Serrated washers are sometimes called fan-shaped washers (German term is "Fächerscheibe").

• @ spymate. I added a reinforcer across the horizontal plane as I found it too flexible. I also pulled out the corner to make it more rigid on mine. Printed using PLA. I was looking at metal filaments.

@ Jens is it ok to put a ground wire to the tower cases chassis. Similar to the rapid road ground wire.

PS ditched the logos :)

• is it ok to put a ground wire to the tower cases chassis. Similar to the rapid road ground wire.

That depends on the case connection: If you have a tower case with a 3-prong mains connection where "earth" is connected to the chassis, then the best you can do is to reference all grounds to that (including shield), as all high-frequency content will be diverted to earth.

It gets more complicated with a 2-prong mains connection - shield and GND may not be directly connected in that case. I can't go into more detail here, as a) I don't know enough about your case and b) the matter is complicated enough to ask payment for that kind of consulting. I'm not providing CE compliance consulting for free.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.