ACA500plus with ACE-2

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello iComp Team!

I recently got an ACE-2 for my A500 with ACA500plus. So far it is working perfectly fine but I have some questions about the options under the F3 (Standard A500 Profile) Menu:

Now that the Amiga has the 2MB Agnus, the configurations under that menu don't work as before. For example:

• if I choose just 512KB Chip RAM, what I get is about 1.7 MB Chip RAM
    • if I choose 512KB Chip RAM / 512KB Slow Ram, I get the full 2MB Chip RAM and 512KB Slow RAM

Before the ACE-2 I was able to get the memory configurations as described on the menu. Of course, I had the 8372A Agnus and a 512KB RAM Expansion in the trapdoor.

So, is it no longer (technically) possible to create those memory configurations with the ACE-2 installed? and if so... any chance for the menu to detect the Agnus type and update the wording of those options accordingly?

Thanks!

• So, is it no longer (technically) possible to create those memory configurations with the ACE-2 installed? and if so... any chance for the menu to detect the Agnus type and update the wording of those options accordingly?

With ACE-2 (or any other 2MB Chipram expansion) installed, it's not possible to reduce to 512k chip ram.

It may be possible to change the wording - I'll ask the programmer if that's something he can easily implement. Note the careful wording: It may sound like a simple thing to do, but I learned not to rate the difficulty level until I get feedback from the people who actually implement it :-)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.