Indivision AGA Mk3 and Acer Predator X27P

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I had difficulty in getting my older Mk2cr working with this monitor so I though I would buy the new Mk3 as it sounded like it would autodetect my monitor. All I can get is a black screen when on HDMI mode on the monitor. I can get the Amiga screen to show on HDMI using a OSSC that I have so I know the Amiga is working and outputting a picture. I can load the Indivision config tool but it obviously can't detect the monitor using OSSC and I can't use the config tool on the Mk3 as I have a black screen.

Amiga A1200, Blizzard IV 1230 at 50hz 128 MB, Indivision AGA Mk3, Acer Predator X27P 4k 144hz HDR

• I have managed to get it working finally by creating a rescue disk which seemed to write new firmware to the device. The screen start having corruption on it after a few minutes of use so might be overheating (probably not helped by the Blizzard IV 1230 card). The test screen appears for only a few seconds then goes blank and I have to press escape to get the screen back. There also appears to be a lot of screen jumping on some of the modes.

• Well I think I am. I have installed Indivision 1.4 on the Amiga and run it. Choose install firmware which seems to improve the screen flicking/jumping but I still get the crawling screen after it heats up a bit. And the test screen mode still goes black after a second of the test screen.

Who would be an early adopter?

• Who would be an early adopter?

The product has been in the field for a week now. I'd say everyone is an early adopter for now :-)

Flickering/jumping picture may indicate two things: Either a monitor that does not like HDMI signals, so you may be lucky with the "DVI mode" setting in the "advanced" settings of the config tool. I believe that's on by default since V1.4.

Another thing we've had a few times already is a bad HDMI cable. If you have a spare one, please try that.

• The VGAonly driver will keep the system from using PAL/NTSC modes and cast those to higher output frequency-modes. Indivision AGA MK3 does not care about the input frequency (well, almost doesn't). The whole task of the unit is to convert to VGA modes :-)

So whatever the VGAonly driver does, it should be possible to set that in the config tool as well.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.