Indivision MK3 + Blizzard PPC: compatibility and max colours.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello everybody

I own a Blizzard PPC (330MHz PPC, Freescale 68060, from stachu himself) and a BVision PPC. The latter runs too damn hot and I don't like that.

Now that the Indivision MK3 is out, I wonder if I can get it to work with the Blizzard PPC, so that I can sell the BVision PPC.

Are there compatibility issues?
    I'm using 3.1/3.9/4.1 KS/WB

One last thing: I have not understood which are highest color/resolution configs I can obtain with the Indivision. I read it's "always 24 bits" but, in the end, how many colours can be shown at the same time at the highest resolutions? Is it still limited by the AGA specs, or Indivision drivers can make things better?

Thanks for your help.
    Tom

• whistling-ge

Changed the title of the thread from “Indivision MK3 + Blizzard PPC: working?” to “Indivision MK3 + Blizzard PPC: compatibility and max colours.”.
  • Indivision AGA MK3 plugs on Lisa, and it only talks to the chip set. Since your PPC accelerator can obviously talk to the chip set, it'll be fine.

I don't know how hot the BVision gets, but Indivision AGA MK3 also produces some heat. As DanyPPC already recommended, you might need to make sure to have active cooling in the sytem, as I remember that the PPC accelerators were advertised to only work in well-ventilated systems.

• Thanks a lot for the detailed answer.

I know that eventually I'll have to switch to a tower system. Up until now, a few fans did the trick but as time goes by I fear the worst.

I still haven't found a case that doesn't make me feel "uncomfortable".

Tom

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.