Question about RapidRoad

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I ordered RapidRoad and impatiently waiting to receive it! I was reading the posts and noticed users having issue and many of the boards broken because of the PSU. I just wanted to make sure that my current PSU will not cause any damage to it.

My Current System:

Amiga 1200 REV 10.4 recapped

Phase 5 Blizzard 1230 MK III Inc 68030@40mhz - 32MB Ram

Indivision AGA MK3 (waiting for my package!)

30W PSU Power Supply - custom Cisco (edit: Link to known-bad PSU removed)

I had to use this PSU cause the original one was 220V UK plug - could find any original 110V U.S. plug so far. When your CA-PSU 110V will be available?

My other question, is there any list of compatible USB devices such as Wireless Wifi, etc.

Thank you in advance.

• That Cisco PSU is a known-bad solution - avoid if you intend to use anything more than a bare Amiga with mass-storage and no other expansions.

I currently have no delivery date for the 110V version of CA-PSU. However, we have a very promising candidate that might fulfill all the requirements of DoE Level 6 (most vendors claim to do that, but plain don't if you measure). If the German TÜV confirms that, I finally have a solution for 110V/60Hz as well (been searching since February of this year!).

To my knowledge, not a single wireless Wifi card is supported. Some wired networking cards are supported, there's printer drivers, mass storage and human interface devices, even a "USB rocket launcher" toy driver, sound cards - everything that the Poseidon USB stack supports.

• I just find an Amiga 500 original PSU listing and also another 110V original PSU, which one is better?

I want to order ACA1233n-55 in near future, so I guess I need a reliable PSU.

• The 4.5A model will be good if you exchange the output cap for a new one (low-ESR type or better: Solid polymer). At higher load, you may need to re-adjust the output voltage, as these PSUs doe not have cable drop compensation.

I developed the 55MHz card with the white 3A unit from an A600, but with only a flicker fixer and a CF card in the computer - nothing else (not even a floppy drive). Turned out that this was "just right", so some headroom sounds like a good idea.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.