Indivision AGA MK3

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello everyone

I was happy to see my AGA MK3 arrive in the mail today, and everything regarding the delivery was great!

Now when I opened my Amiga 1200 revision 1.D4 to my surprise I see my CIA chip is socketed ;(

Is there anything I can do besides blaming myself and slamming my head against the wall? :/

PS: Jens maybe it would benefit more users/customers like me to be mindful about socketed CIA chips when reading the product documentation - just a suggestion.

Cheers,

Ralph.

• The four signals that are taken from the CIA chip are:

KbClk
    KbData
    left mouse button
    Power LED

Unfortunately, not a single other chip has this combination available. You can of course get these signals from other points on the main board;
    there is no need to take them from the CIA chip.

The first three signals are for the "live configuration" (pressing lShift-CTRL-Tilde and moving mouse without the need to load the config tool). The Power LED signal is for emulating the difference in audio filters when you want to hear digital audio through HDMI.

Audio will work without the CIA adapter, but filters will always be on. Live config will not work without the CIA adapter.

There are other customers who have the CIA chip occupied by keyboard adapters. My plan is to document other spots in the Wiki where you can get these signals with a little soldering.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.