Indi Mk3 Fault?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, Just received this card and placed it in my A1200.

Things started well at first but within a few seconds the screen started to flicker and became unstable. I tried 2 monitors and HDMI and VGA - all with the same result.

I inserted my MK2CR into the same A1200 and it works fine.

Sadly it looks like I have a faulty one??

Two videos one of the mk3 and another of the mk2

https://drive.google.com/drive…1dhLvq9GMMIQN?usp=sharing

• This appears to be the same fault that German customers are describing, and we have enough hints to say that this is located in the RGA timing.

We can correct that timing in the FPGA core, so you won't need to send the unit back - just wait for the update to come out.

In order to find out what's different from our test machines, please list the chip revisions that your A1200 uses: Lisa (vendor is important), Alice, Budgie, and also the speed of the RAM chips on the main board, as even that plays a role.

• VTI-LISA(1207RO)

CBM 391227-01

CBM 1993

----

391010-01

8374-ALICE

1293 23

-----------

VLSI

9312AS 395911

VY12225-2

BUDGIE REV 0

CBM 391425-01

Ram Chips (I think are the 4 chips below U7?)

NEC Japan

424260-80

9307EU008

Note:

I tried again this morning and for about 1 minute it was fine before it started to flicker and disappear again.

cheers

• Hi,

Peter has made a test-core that you can find in this posting. Since the text is in German, I'll translate it here:

Please unpack the file and transer to your Amiga. Either flash it to the flicker fixer using the config tool: Choose "flash firmware file" from the drop-down menus (press+hold right mouse button), or rename the unpacked file to "firmware" and copy it to the rescue disk, in case flashing doesn't work with the config tool.

Please report back if this solves your problem - it does on the only machine that I've found to show unstable output.

• ok - it stumped me a little as flashing just left the screen flickering... but after a reboot - it was fine - looks very nice and love it that interlace is instant now..

just need to now understand how to get the best out of it!

many thanks to you and Peter for the quick turnaround!

• Hi, Jens.

Do we have to apply the new FW in every MK3, even if no problem has been reported/seen? Will it provide more stability?

Saluditos,

Ferrán.

• Do we have to apply the new FW in every MK3, even if no problem has been reported/seen? Will it provide more stability?

I generally recommend to always use the latest firmware. Since you should install the config tool anyway, it's a really easy operation to apply a firmware update, as the latest "stable" file is always part of the latest config tool.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.