A500 KS 1.3 Config and ghosting fix question

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi I recently received my esc scandoubler V2 and I have a few questions. First how do I change the configuration on an a500 with KS1.3? I don’t have any hard drive solutions so something that could work with a gotek would be ideal. I have tried using the bootable disk and it won’t boot. I also tried to load the file from workbench with no success. I noticed on the wiki it says the command line config works on 1.3 I’m not sure how to do this. The other question I have is has anyone found a fix for the ghosting issue so many people have? I am pretty handy with the soldering iron and could apply the fixes myself and let everyone know my results.

• First how do I change the configuration on an a500 with KS1.3?

The GUI tool requires Kick 2.0 or higher. The commandline tool can "only" write firmware and pre-compiled configuration files. This has been clearly communicated in the product description - it's under "fine print", and it's actually not written that small.

The other question I have is has anyone found a fix for the ghosting issue so many people have?

I have finally investigated this a few weeks ago, and found that the input stage of Samsung monitors is substantially different to what other monitors use. I did find a solution, but that involves replacing a number of SMD components that you probably won't get that easily in shops. When the Indivision AGA MK3 and CA-PSU craze is over, I'll look into making a small patch-pcb that contains all the required parts, and run a modded Indivision ECS V2 through CE testing again (that's because I'm expecting changes in the spectrum, mainly because I decided to use much faster driver transistors). It might be september/october until this is available.

• Thank you for the response. It’s not that I didn’t read the fine print I guess I just misunderstood. I thought it meant I could generate a config file on my pc and apply it using the command line tool. Can’t wait to see the fix and just fyi I notice it on both of the monitors I have ( one is a vizio led where it’s just barely noticeable and the other an apple studio 21 crt). On both screens I can see what looks like a slight smearing noise to the right of sprites especially noticeable with flat backgrounds. Not sure if the info helps or not just figured I would give what little feedback I have. I guess to do the config I will just get a 2.0 KS and a switch. If I apply the config to the board the settings will stay saved for 1.3 correct?

• I thought it meant I could generate a config file on my pc and apply it using the command line tool.

Sorry, the config tool is an Amiga-only application. The idea would be that you run it on a different computer, which of course needs to be an Amiga, and it should be equipped with an Indivision ECS V2.

If I apply the config to the board the settings will stay saved for 1.3 correct?

Yes, the flicker fixer has it's own flash ROM where the settings are stored and retrieved whenever the screen mode changes.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.