Bug! No Save States In Sam´s Journey on EasyFlash

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Chameleon has a custom EAPI for writing to the emulated storage of EasyFlash. However, this is a two-step process: You don't just hit "save" within the game, but you also need to save the changed contents to your SD card with the menu, as the saved game "so far" is only in the part of RAM of Chameleon that emulates the flash. Naturally, this will lose it's contents if you power-cycle the computer or re-load the CRT from SD-card.

• Yeah, we already talked about it on F64.... somehow it doesnt work in this EF version of Sams Journey. I will have to examine it, it must be doing something the other EF releases dont :)

• Yeah, we already talked about it on F64.... somehow it doesnt work in this EF version of Sams Journey. I will have to examine it, it must be doing something the other EF releases dont :)

All Sam's Journey EF versions I know of are from Excess. If any trainer is activated there it won't save for obvious reasons.

• Their save function is really strange, i cant even make it work right in VICE by just reproducing what they do - i have contacted the author, hopefully he'll share the source so i can see what its supposed to do :)

• Now i have a test program that uses the code from the Excess guys... and it works perfectly. *sigh*

I am starting to think this is a really odd issue with the MMU

• Ok, so, first of all, please try their "v1.1" release. The original one is buggy. That said, the "v1.1" one also appears buggy, but at least it saved something here :)

• "That said, the "v1.1" one also appears buggy"

No, that doesn't seem to be the case. I think what we are looking at is a combination of two problems:

- an odd bug in the MMU of chameleon and/or the Easyflash mapping

- yet another compiler bug (which i am trying to track down now)

• Ok well, it wasnt as bad as i thought :)

Attached is a WIP version of the menusystem that contains some compatibility patches to the EAPI. I have tested with this and the v2 release of the Sams Journey EF version, and it worked for me.

That said, it "should" work even with the last regular release - Key is using the v2 release.

• Using the new menu..

Strange thing is when I save game 1 it's saved on game 2. Also when saving game 2 it's saved on game 3.

Saving on game 1 seems impossible.

Also in game copying from game 3 to game 2 is possible but to game 1 seems not to be working.

Oh well at least I can save.. but it's buggy. not sure its because I'm using the original version. Don't where to find this version 2 you are talking about.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.