P96 GRex support?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I was looking through the P96 SDK and noticed that GRex is defined as a BoardType. Is GRex actually supported and if so which graphics card is supported?

I would love to get rid of Cybergraphics.

Cheers

Steen

• I'm pretty sure that none of our developers owns a GRex board, so this fork of the development must be considered dead at the moment. Without hardware to test on that's available "any time", there is no chance we can make anything work.

• I am a developer myself and I wouldn’t mind volunteering my time to help.

Writing a grex.board driver does not seem too difficult, problem is the chip drivers. I have been looking at the xfree source for the radeon rv100 but I am unfamiliar with the code so it is taking some time :)

Let me know if there is anything I could do to help.

Cheers

Steen

• Let me know if there is anything I could do to help.

You'll be opening quite a can of worms, as the currently-running work on P96 involves major additions to each and every card driver. However, the feature we're adding is major. Please send me an e-Mail (not personal message in this forum) if you're willing to dedicate time to this.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.