Picasso96Modes in the MinimigAGA Core​

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Result: 2 MB VIDEOMEMORY should be enough when using a resolution of 800x600. Since we all love screendragging, we need 2 MB extra VIDEOMEMORY, so after all 4MB VIDEOMEMORY should be used.

Remember, though, that we don't have 24- or 32-bit support with Minimig RTG - so in practice 3 meg is fine for 800x600x16.

• Hello Alastair,

thanks for the new MinimigAGACore version 2022-02-25.

You write in the release notes
    "Added optional sync inversion for scandouble PAL/NTSC (can give a better picture on some monitors.)

To enable, hold F5 during boot for scandoubled sync-inverted NTSC, or F6 for scandoubled sync-inverted PAL."

For my understanding, I ask whether you have implemented the scandoubler function that we talked about earlier in this article?

Cheers

SID-6581

• For my understanding, I ask whether you have implemented the scandoubler function that we talked about earlier in this article?

Sorry, no, not yet. The sync inversion mentioned in the release notes is purely to address the problem grianiag mentioned in the "minimig problems" thread. It's just a possible way of getting better results on picky monitors.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.