VoEC for customers from Norway

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • VoEC stands for "VAT on e-commerce". This means that customers from Norway are paying VAT already in our shop, which we will pay to the Norwegian state. In turn, parcels will be handled much faster at the border: Recipients of our parcels don't have to pay the standard handling fee of about 14,- EUR, and there are no further duties to pay if each component in the parcel is under 3000,- NOK (about 280,- EUR) - Norwegian customs call this "low value goods".

This new service will be applied to all Norwegian customers automatically. Customers who have placed a pre-order with us recently and wish to pre-pay VAT should contact us via e-Mail, mentioning the order ID of the pre-order. If you choose not to pre-pay VAT, parcels will be handled with standard border taxation.

While developing this new shop feature, prices were shown without the German VAT for a short period. This has caused confusion for some customers, because they believed that prices were dropped by 16%. This was just a display error, and all orders have been processed with VAT where applicable. We apologise for any inconvenience.

• And I can attest that it is much quicker now. And cheaper.

The last two packages I got from individual both got here much quicker and no need to pay the excessive Norwegian fee for handling.

Great :-)

• Well ! Now I can verify that it worked great for me too ! No additional VAT or fee charged !! AND I could order home delivery ! Couldn't that before on foreign packages ! Now soon to test PSUs !!

• With all this positive feedback and the considerably-higher order volume from Norway, I've had multiple "I-should-have-done-this-earlier"-moments.

I am totally aware of the pain that German customs can give you, but I was convinced that it was a typical German-red-tape thing. From the stories I've read in the feedback eMails, German customs doesn't look all that bad in comparison to Norwegian customs :-)

• Another positive note on this one, as I've had to do my first quarterly tax declaration for Norway now. I did the payment to the mentioned account, but the money bounced twice, so I had to contact the Norwegian Tax Administration to find out what's wrong.

I actually got an answer to my eMail on the same day, and in that first eMail, the person assumed that the money bounced because it was transferred from a domestic account. This turned out to be true, as I don't use a bank, but a payment service provider to do international transfers This service provider has local accounts.

The instructions for VOEC are to add a few zeros in front of the VOEC number (making it a 16-digit KID number - whatever that is) and use that as a payment reference. So far, my payment has not come back - I wrote back to them, kindly asking not to apply any late fees (amount was due October 20th) and suggesting that they add this information to their FAQ. One more time, the answer came within less than 24 hours, stating that late fees are currently not charged (I assume because of COVID-19), and that they take my suggestion of adding the information about payments from Norwegian accounts to their website.

What a pleasant experience with a tax authority! Actual useful help in short, friendly eMails. Oh, how I wish this would be the norm in Germany.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.