Install of X-Surf-100 and USB Module In Amiga A2000 Help And Related Install Questions

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi all,

I finally received my x-surf-100 and rapidroad usb module that i am installing into my Amiga A2000. I've looked over the included documentation for both and have the following questions regarding installation in the A2000:

1) With the usb module connected to the x-surf-100, do I need to do anything with the ground wire and ribbon cable that came with the usb module other than downloading and installing the drive software that came with the x-surf-100 and the usb module?

2) For the x-100, I need to download either AmiTCP or Genesis tcp stacks in order to use the supplied configuration files that come the driver software for the X-100?

3) Will the tcp stack software Roadshow work with the x-surf-100?

4) For the x-100, is it best to install the x-surf-100 first then connect and install the usb module?

5) Finally, I currently can download the needed software to my windows 10 laptop but have no way to get the software over to the A2000 for installation as I have not been able to find

.adf versions of the following software as described in the documentation of the x-100 and the usb module:

X-surf-100 driver install package, specifically the x-surf-100.device040 driver as I have a PP&S 68040 accelerator card installed.

If anyone can help me out with this, please let me know. All suggestions and advice are greatly appreciated in advance.

Thanks,

• 1) With the usb module connected to the x-surf-100, do I need to do anything with the ground wire and ribbon cable that came with the usb module other than downloading and installing the drive software that came with the x-surf-100 and the usb module?

This sounds like you've bought the A1200 version instead of the X-Surf-100 version. In that case, you can set all the cables aside, remove the screws for the plexi cover and install the bare board on the X-Surf-100. Grounding is then provided through the X-Surf-100, which in turn should be mounted with the screw at the back of the computer.

2) For the x-100, I need to download either AmiTCP or Genesis tcp stacks in order to use the supplied configuration files that come the driver software for the X-100?

Yes, as the product description says, you need to provide the TCP/IP stack yourself.

3) Will the tcp stack software Roadshow work with the x-surf-100?

Yes, it will.

4) For the x-100, is it best to install the x-surf-100 first then connect and install the usb module?

You can install the hardware all in one go (only open the computer once) and you can install the drivers in any order you like.

5) Finally, I currently can download the needed software to my windows 10 laptop but have no way to get the software over to the A2000 for installation as I have not been able to find

.adf versions of the following software as described in the documentation of the x-100 and the usb module:

X-surf-100 driver install package, specifically the x-surf-100.device040 driver as I have a PP&S 68040 accelerator card installed.

I'm pretty sure that I have promised nowhere that the software will be provided in ADF format. The files are lha archives, and the product description clearly says that you need a transfer method for transferring files into your Amiga. Don't play the ball back to us when you were informed of this fact before you ordered.

• I fully understand that no adf format version of the software is currently available. What I am asking for is whether or not an adf version of the software will be made available in the future.

• I have now added our AmiTCP install disk to the shop system: In contains the AmiTCP stack, a GUI, DHCP client and an easy-to-use installer. Further, all X-Surf drivers that you may require are on that disk. Since it contains much more than just the drivers, it's a paid download, but your postings sounded like you don't have a TCP/IP stack anyway.

Downloads are only visible to logged-in customers. That's because downloads are delivered on the "order history"-page of your user account, and a guest does not have that kind of page (naturally!). If you don't have an account for the shop site yet, now is a good time :-) (this forum and the shop use different user data bases for security reasons).

• If you unpack the archive, you'll see that there's an ADF inside. I've hit the wrong file - the download really contains the single files, not the install disk as ADF. Let me work on that...

• Please check your Yahoo eMail, I have sent the zipped ADF to your eMail address.

For all new orders of the AmiTCP install disk, the ADF and the LHA are both available for download.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.