Problems with Installation of Config/Flashtool for Indivision AGA MK2

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I am currently trying to install the Config / Flashtool for the Indivision AGA MK2, but when I try to run the install program on the command line as requested, an error message appears, "The program cannot be executed"

the corresponding checkmark in the program settings is of course set. I have downloaded the LHA archive several times and of course only unpacked it directly on the Amiga, as you should always do.

What am I doing wrong :/

Greetings, Alex

Hallo,

ich versuche gerade das Config/Flashtool für die Indivision AGA MK2 zu installieren, aber wenn ich das Install Programm wie gefordert in der Kommandozeile ausführen möchte, kommt eine Fehlermeldung, "Das Programm ist nicht ausführbar"

der entsprechende Haken bei den Programmeinstellungen ist natürlich gesetzt. Ich habe das LHA-Archiv schon mehrfach neu heruntergeladen und natürlich erst direkt auf dem Amiga entpackt, so wie man es halt immer machen soll.

Was mache ich falsch :/?

Gruß, Alex

• 214/5000

Thanks for the tip, but in the last sentence I already wrote -> "I have downloaded the LHA archive several times and of course only unpacked it directly on the Amiga, as you should always do."

• The question still stands - did you save it to an Amiga filesystem? Saving it to a FAT formatted CF card for example will not work. Thats the only thing i can think of at the moment...

• I guess it doesn't matter what file system the LHA file is on - the target file system is key. If you've unpacked it on to the same CF card, it won't work. If you'll unpack it to RAM: or an FFS-formatted drive, it'll work, because the standard settings for LHA include preserving the protection bits.

• The CF Card connected to the IDE-Port as Harddrive and formated with FFS. OS Version is 3.1.4.1. I also use "BestWB" .

I downloaded the File direktly on the Amiga and saved it direktly to the FFS Formated CF-Card. Then i used LHA tu unpack the Archive direktly to an Folder on the FFS Formated CF.-Card. I tried this on my A4000D and on my A1200, both with the same result..........

• I tried this on my A4000D and on my A1200, both with the same result...

Please go to a shell, then change to the directory where you've unpacked the files. Then type "list", take a picture of the output and post that here.

• I just tried unpacking it to ram: using "lha x MK2_CFG_V11.LHA ram:"

If i try to run "install" i get the same message "File can not be executed". Is there any problem with my usage of the lha command or is an specific Version needed? I use "LHA Freeware Version 2.15 68000+"

• So "something" in your installation keeps LHA from setting the correct protection bits. You can of course fix that manually, but I strongly recommend to find the source of that problem, as LHA normally preserves all protection bits when unpacking. I have always disliked these half-legal WB distributions where nobody really knows what's installed and what makes sense - your choice of "BestWB" is my main suspect here.

In that directory, enter this command:

protect install +s

Then you should be able to run the install script (after all, it's just a shell script that does the copy-actions).

• I just installed a raw WB 3.1 under WinUAE and downloaded LHA fresh from Aminet. I unpacked the Archive to Ram: and guess what happend, if i tried to run "install"? I got the same Message saying the File is not executable.

If i try to run "Indivision" it says "Failed to open Devs:indivision" because it is nor installed corectly, but there is no message saying the file is not executable........this only happens with the "install" File

So your Argument with the half-legal WB distributions doesnt help in this case......

• The protect install +s did help. Now i can run the install file.

But i dont get, why its not running with a bare new install of wb3.1 and an new installed lha on a Systemdrive formated with FFS and unpacked the lha-Archive to Ram:

Are you sure, that the Archive on your Webpage is OK? Didnt anyone else have the same Problem running the Install file?

• Are you sure, that the Archive on your Webpage is OK?

Yes, absolutely. The archive has not been changed in a long time.

Didnt anyone else have the same Problem running the Install file?

Only those who have unpacked the archive on a PC. The general tried-and-true solution in the past seven years has been to suggest unpacking the archive(s) on the Amiga.

You may have a different version of LHA - maybe that's worth investigating.

• 886/5000

As I said, I loaded version 2.15 of the lha tool freshly from the Aminet ( http://aminet.net/package/util/arc/lha ), so that should be the current version.
    My last attempt was under WinUAE with a freshly set up OS3.1 on an HDF file as a hard disk, formatted with FFS, without any additional software packages, with the exception of the aforementioned lha 2.15.
    I also downloaded the archive with the Indivision software from your website and unpacked it on the Amiga to Ram: as described.

Nevertheless the error message came that the "file cannot be executed return value 10"

So I do not understand at which point another mistake could have happened to me.

But never mind, the Install.Script works now with the workaround. I take the mistake for granted and do not question it further.

Thanks for your help with the problem.

Best regards, Alex

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.