RapidRoad works, but missing AmigaOS icon?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Edit: Argh; please ignore (or feel free to delete) this post--it's working again; I'm not sure what happened, but to be on the safe side, I'll avoid hot plugging any flash drives.

Hi,

My Amiga 3000's RapidRoad (X-Surf 100 version) developed an issue a day or so ago--after plugging in my flash drive, Poseidon recognizes it just fine (even identifies the model name), but for some reason, AmigaOS [sort of] doesn't, so no device is actually mounted and no icon shows up in Workbench.

I say "sort of" doesn't, as I thought it was just that UMSD: wasn't being mounted for some reason, but when double-clicking it again, Workbench says "Device has already been mounted".

Has anyone else run into this issue with their RapidRoad?

Any/all ideas are welcome; the RapidRoad is connected to my A3000's power supply (as recommended in the RapidRoad docs), so that shouldn't be an issue..? My A3000's power supply (original one) was recapped just last year by a fellow Amiga user familiar with electronics (does his own recaps), and I've never had a problem with it until now. My A3000 itself, along with my A3640 have both been professionally recapped/upgraded (by Anthony Hoffman in New Zealand), also have the Super Buster v11 installed, along with the RR v1.7 A3640 driver software fix installed.

The RapidRoad/X-Surf 100 in my A4000 w/A3660 is still working fine.

Thanks for any help/suggestions to try,

Greg

• I need to

Code
    1. cd UMSD: 

first before it shows up for some reason even though workbench settings have "show always" set for that device.

• If I remember right, it's a problem of the Fat95 file system, which requires a "first access" before a notification is sent to WB to scan the disk for an icon. It should show an icon if the device was connected when Poseidon has been started.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.