Clockport expander with Rapidroad dual USB

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • When only Rapidroad is plugged to the Amiga 1200 the plug shows red marked cable to the right side in the pics.

But i will mount a clockport expander on the Amiga motherboard first, but it shows pin nr 1 to the left side.

Is this going to short something in my setup?

or is the answer that the rapidroads plug must be put to the expander board with pin 1 marking away from pin marking 1 on the clockport expander board?

Mats..

• But i will mount a clockport expander on the Amiga motherboard first, but it shows pin nr 1 to the left side.

That's a wrong designation of pins: The clockport does not have a pin#1. Numbering on the clock port starts at #19, and it ends at #40. Back when I designed the first-ever clock port device with a cable, I have defined that the red marker shall be on pin#40.

I frequently tell people not to change this definition, and most of all, not to write wrong pin numbers on clock ports. Looks like there's too many tinkerers and too few designers.

Is this going to short something in my setup?

A wrong connection will certainly blow up RapidRoad, yes. Please turn to the maker of the clock port expander and ask for the correct pin numbers. The reference is the original Commodore schematics.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.