Indivision AGA MK3 for A1200

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello Jens,

Done. I've used a clean soft paint brush. The mainboard was not realy dirt, but who knows. After that, I've pushed gently but firmely until a "clic" sounds and the card deosn't move at all. The board are firmely adjusted to socket and, as you said, I can lift the board =O.

Some pics of the different elements:

Another idea?

Maybe is a simple case of DOA. I'ts anoying, but it can happen.

Regards.

• This picture shows that the output side of the flicker fixer is OK, otherwise the OSD would not be visible. So it must be on the input side, so the one remaining thing is a bad solderjoint under the Lisa chip.

We can of course take a look at the unit here, but for the case that we don't find anything: Do you have someone who could re-solder the Lisa chip?

• I understand your deduction but:

1- The OSD is not realy visible. We can guess the GUI under the glitchy screen. My A1200 sends an image but it's not well diplayed throught the MK3.

2. If Lisa has a bad solder issue, without the MK3 pluged, the image must to be always bad or almost sometimes. Instead, when the MK3 is not pluged, the image is always perfect. Each time I plug the MK3, the image are glitchy. Something happens between Lisa and the monitor, and the only thing I've changed in my config is that I've added the MK3.

To proove that my config is not faulty, I can do a video, starting with a non mounted MK3 with perfect image and then, plug the MK3 and see how it glitches. Of course, all in a continuous video.

• Videos are not helpful - but you have to know that Indivision pushes on the Lisa pins from the side. This may push a loose pin from the solder pad and perfectly align with your description. Just trust us on that - we've solved many flicker fixer support cases in the past 15 years.

• I didn't think this required additional confirmation: Yes, I believe that the Lisa chip has a micro-crack in one of the solder joints, so re-soldering may help.

• Hello Jens,

I've payed (40€) an electronic store to do the re-soldering operation. If you need the invoice, I can send it to you by pm.

After that I've plugged the MK3 and the problem still here. Glitches and more glitches.

I think that I've been cooperative and patient and done all that I can to solve the problem, but I'm tired to do all these things and payed for something that turned out to be useless. Now I want a definitive solution to my problem because my MK3 doesn't work.

I want a MK3 that works because that's what I paid for.

What solution can you propose to me?.

Regards.

• I've created the flash disk and booted from it.

We cannot see that a firmware update has been done on your unit; what you've sent back had:

a) an older firmware

b) no fault, neither before, nor after updating the firmware.

How do you want to proceed? Send it back? Send the A1200 here to do an additional check?

• Hello,

Please, read the entire line. It says: "I've created the flash disk and booted from it. I don't know if it works because I don't see nothing than glitches on screen." I'ts obvious that i'ts not updated because of that.

I've two questions:

1 - Why do you not send the cards with the last update?. Customers will appreciate.

2 - How in a 1200 in which everything works fine, and of course, all the video outputs, the only device that fails to work is the MK3, even with a re-solder of Lisa and all the steps to verify that the 1200 are OK?. Of course the MK3 doesn't works on my other 1200.

The MK3 that I've sent to you maybe works on your computer, but it also needs to work on mine. This is not the case. I don't want this unit that I've initially received.

In order to respect the European laws of guaranty, I chose to receive another new card, different of that I've purchased. Of course, I appreciate that you verify that this one works fine on more than one computer and are updated with the latest firmware.

Regards.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.