Indivision AGA MK3 for A1200

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • To answer your questions, I'd have to read the Wiki documentation to you. Since we're not face to face where I can do that, I'd have to copy&paste the documentation here. Please understand that I'm taking the short route and point you to the documentation. It has worked for hundreds of other customers.

• Nevermind.

Im not a technical person in matter of screen resolutions and how it works :)

My strength is network in terms of user and group policies on modern computers.

Seems like I now have 1024x768 70hz without icon flickering but have no clue how I managed to get it (Pure luck 8))

• So I got a guide from EAB where I am bit stock atm. http://eab.abime.net/showthrea…hlight=indivision+aga+mk3

Under creation of custom vga mode he write :

- You will notice the frequency values will change by doing this. Use the Pixel clock slider until the Vertical Frequency changes back to 60Hz again, or closest possible.

In that specific screen I don't have a Pixel Clock slider only F. Porch, Sync Len and B. Porch

Which of those does he refer to ?

My Samsung Suncmaster P2450 has in the Standard Signal Mode Tabel a Pixel Clock

VESA, 1280 X 1024 63.981 60.020 108.000 +/+
    VESA, 1440 x 900 55.935 59.887 106.500 -/+
    VESA, 1600 x 1200 75.000 60.000 162.000 +/+
    VESA, 1680 x 1050 65.290 59.954 146.250 -/+
    VESA, 1920 x 1080 67.500 60.000 148.500 +/+

Can't figure that one out

Any suggestions ?

• "that specific screen" is rather ehh unspecific? I guess you are looking at a window with the label "Select and Edit VGA mode"?

There is only one slider on there. I think the others like F porch and sync are are referred to as "spin controls" at least that is what they are called in windows. Please look again the pixel clock slider is at the top of this window above all the other controls you named.

• Still waiting for anyone to report back if the latest firmware fixes the audio problems. We can't possibly run all test cases for a feature that was never advertised, but now that we've spent time (=money) on it, it would be nice to hear back if we can start advertising it. After all, the price of Indivision AGA MK3 needs to go up next week (higher VAT rate, higher salaries by law in Germany).

• I tested the new firmware 1.8 with some games like Turrican 1,2,3, Apydia, Rick Dangerous 1 and 2 WHDLoad versions and I get background music and sound effects. I think the audio problems are solved.

Thank you Jens.

• Hello there!

This is my first post. I read through many pages of this thread, in search of answers as to why my Amiga constantly crashes after installing the Indi3. I have to power-cycle it multiple times, before I can get to the Workbench screen. Once I've reached the Workbench desktop, I can run the Enigma demo for a few minutes until the screen turns black. At that point it sometimes gives me a "Software Failure" screen or the screen just stays black indefinitely. Removing E123C and E125C have made the crashes worse and now, when the Amiga freezes during startup, it's sometimes showing a completely blue or a completely yellow screen instead of just a black screen.

This may be a stupid question, but could my original 29 year old PSU be the issue? It's a "Power Supply A 300" with part number 391029-03.

Hardware:

Amiga 1200 rev. 1D.4

Kickstart 3.1 ROM(s)

Indivision ACA1221ec (default settings)

Indivision AGA Mk3 (running latest firmware from the 1.9 disk)

IDE-CF card interface (running a 4GB CF card) - this is of course moved away from the top of the Indie3, after replacing the EM shield

Mods done (in the order they were done):

1K resistor to fix the PCMCIA socket

EM shield HDD tray cut out, to make room for the Indi3.

E123C and E125C removed (attached before/after pictures)

If I've left anything out, please tell me and I'll provide information as I'm able. It's getting late here (23:46 at the time of writing), so I'll most likely not reply before some time tomorrow.

• This may be a stupid question, but could my original 29 year old PSU be the issue? It's a "Power Supply A 300" with part number 391029-03.

That may be the most obvious cause, yes, but you may also double-chek if your CF card adapter blocks air to circulate above the flicker fixer. Placing it right on top of the unit might give it more heat than it likes.

• That may be the most obvious cause, yes, but you may also double-chek if your CF card adapter blocks air to circulate above the flicker fixer. Placing it right on top of the unit might give it more heat than it likes.

Hello Jens. Thank you for your reply. I am already moving the CF card away from the Indi3, when assembling the Amiga again. I just fold it to the left. I started doing that, when troubleshooting these crashes, but it's made no difference.

Is there any way to find out definitively, if the PSU is the cause? It's quite a high price to pay, if that's not the issue. I will of course buy the PSU off of you, if I decide to actually get one. (I read about the terrible PSUs bought elsewhere by other users on here.)

I didn't clean the pins on the chip, I put the Indi3 on. Should I do that? I think it actually needs a good clean in general...

I fix computers for a living - and have done so for decades here in Denmark - so I know my way around them. I had Commodore 64, back in the 80s but went straight for the PC in the early 90s and only got my first Amiga in the very early 2000s. It was an Amiga 600HD, which I quickly traded for this Amiga 1200.

Sorry, I'll stop rambling. I just don't know anyone in real life, who's old/nerdy enough to have messed with the Amigas :x

• Is there any way to find out definitively, if the PSU is the cause? It's quite a high price to pay, if that's not the issue.

You do have a right of revocation: If you don't like the unit, you can always send it back within 14 days. That's EU law.

• You do have a right of revocation: If you don't like the unit, you can always send it back within 14 days. That's EU law.

It was more me wanting to avoid the hazzle of sending it back. Sending packages here in Denmark isn't cheap.

But I'll order one, thank you :-)

• For what it's worth I had a similar setup as you ShamblerDK albeit the ACA1233n55 and the original A1200 non-hd PSU.

My CF adapter covered the Indivision and created too much heat. I changed to an angled IDE2CF adapter which improved the situation but machine was still unstable. I bought the CA-PSU and my issues where gone and the machine has been stable since.

• Hello,

This is my first post and I'm glad to participate on this forum.

I've an issue with the card I've received recently. An Indivision MK3. It have never worked good. You can see the problem in

the video link below and in this image:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3p2…Indivision%20MK3.mp4?dl=0

MK3 cfg are same as received in box. I've tried with and without CIA adapter. I've tested 3

monitors, VGA and HDMI output on both, 3 differents cables on both systems (VGA and HDMI), with

and without Phase5 1260 card, CF HD and, even without any expansion

(factory config 1200 on PAL mode), it doesn't display any correct image.

The PSU are new and works fine. I'ts specific for A1200 and not a PC one.

Of course, without the card, the image looks good. I've followed the steps

on the manual of the MK3 for installation.

Can you tell me if there is a problem with the unit that I've received

and need a new one or is something else?

Regards.

• Can't download the dropbox thing - I'd have to poke too many holes into my security. However, the picture looks like your monitor can either not display the output format, or the cable is not connected properly.

Are you using HDMI or VGA? Did you try a lower output resolution with the Configtool?

That A1200-specific PSU, what vendor is it?

• Can't download the dropbox thing - I'd have to poke too many holes into my security. However, the picture looks like your monitor can either not display the output format, or the cable is not connected properly.

Are you using HDMI or VGA? Did you try a lower output resolution with the Configtool?

That A1200-specific PSU, what vendor is it?

Hello,

The cables are properly connected, if not, the logo with MK3 specs doesn't appear at boot.

About cables I've used, not only one, but 6 of them. 3 HDMI and 3 VGA. All of them works fine on other systems. The monitors also works well with my orther computers.

I've tried PAL Low and High res but nothing changes. Even the menu that appears in the two mouse button press in start-up sequence are not visible with MK3.

This is the link for the specs of my PSU:

(link to known-bad PSU removed)

Regards.

P.S.: Try to open the Dropbox video link with a slave/dumb/test computer. The problem appears clearly.

• Please also read our PSU FAQ - you've been fooled into thinking that the Elektroware thing is suitable for an Amiga, but it is not. It violates three out of three key specifications from Commodore. The best thing to do is to send it back for a refund due to false advertising.

• Electroware...

I see an original Amiga PSU on your Desk - please use this one for another test.

I've tried with my original Amiga PSU. The screen does the same glitch screen. I've recorded another video if you want to see it.

I see that your PSU are out of stock, so I can't test with it.

Another idea?

Please also read our PSU FAQ - you've been fooled into thinking that the Elektroware thing is suitable for an Amiga, but it is not. It violates three out of three key specifications from Commodore. The best thing to do is to send it back for a refund due to false advertising.

I've read all the post. It's very interesting and complete.

I've bought the PSU more than two years ago, so the return option is not an... option. In fact, it works well and I don't have the engineering or lawer skills to prove that it doesn't comply with Commodore standards. I prefer to buy yours as soon as it's available.

• YOu might just want to check if cleaning the contacts all around Lisa helps. If the chipset communication can't be properly monitored by the FPGA, it will of course not see any sync signals. So please check if it's pressed all the way down - to a degree where you can lift the board on the flicker fixer - then it's really in place.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.