Indivision AGA MK3 for A1200

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • sorry for double post can't edit first

- got strange white screen error, reset doesn't help, resue disk did - it happend after live mode changes

it stays on screen even when reset amiga or powers off

- still cant read any info from monitor 27" Acer XB271HU maybe to modern, conected via hdmi

- everytime I started IndiMK3 gof got prompt configuration is not saved to device,

(I edit, save (sometimes saves act as Redo) when started again, same prompt again. - 171 only

are old saved configuration compatible with new version ?

• worst:

- i thing there is a "copy error" with creating rescue disk in 1.7.1

tested 3 times good diskietes and after boot got this error flashtool - file is not executable

after manual copy files from IndiMk3 dir all works fine.

- another problem 171 dont always save a configuration to device (scalines for examples) - 16 all ok

I cannot reproduce issues with creation of a rescue disk. I tested it several times.

I can however confirm a bug with saving the scanline setting. The scanline setting is canceled out from the configuration on the device.

Regarding your monitor, if possible, please read and save the monitor EDID using the command line:

# IndivisionAGAmk3 SAVEEDID myedid

and post the file myedid here.

Please show a listing of the rescue disk with the 'list' command.

• I cannot reproduce issues with creation of a rescue disk. I tested it several times.

i will make few more rescuedisk later see what happend

I can however confirm a bug with saving the scanline setting. The scanline setting is canceled out from the configuration on the device.

i also have bug with saving configuration to device on 171 each startup got info

"The configuration is not saved to the device" i must do flashtool saveconfig config

Regarding your monitor, if possible, please read and save the monitor EDID using the command line:

# IndivisionAGAmk3 SAVEEDID myedid

and post the file myedid here.

many times screen goes black and got info Could not read EDID, very few read success

• Thanks, but I'd need a listing using the 'list' command to see the protection bits, too. :-)

also notice strange behavior in interlace in pinball Illusion i dont know is it wrong its nice in one direction, wrong in another, siwtching options in indi can revers the process

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE6V2csWA04

saving issue i previously wrote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LygGVFhBGHQ

• Thank you.

This is very strange, everything on the disk looks correct, except for that it isn't. Maybe you can take a snapshot of the disk, as an Lha or disk image.

Meanwhile I'll investigate EDID and configuration.

For the time being, your EDID information looks correct here. When selecting 'Settings/Restore to Defaults' and then 'Settings/Re-Read Monitor Display Data...", two modes are reported, and they appear very reasonable (1080p@60 and 1280x720@50).

• I can't reproduce the issue that you are reporting. I can load your config and 'Save&Apply' it. Coincidentally it works with the TV/monitor I'm using, too. Repeatedly starting the config tool doesn't bring up a requester.

Then I noticed that in your video you were using version 1.6 of the config tool. So I tried with version 1.6, too. But that wasn't a problem either, 1.6 and 1.7 handle the configuration equally (as it was supposed to).

Currently my best idea is that you try booting without startup-sequence from the boot menu, then start the config tool by entering sys:prefs/indivisionagamk3 (or where it is located), and report back if that gives a requester too.

• BlackTiger78 : With your accelerator and the PSU being known-good, we have to assume that some software is causing the malfunction. Can you please list the system patches that you have installed?

I got your CA-PSU + ACA1233

Its plain OS3.1, MUI, MagicWB, some tools and stuff

if there is something dony know much about patches, tell me what i will se

without startup-sequence got info 0 VGA modes then reset do default and got 2 vga modes added

also got the same requester but notice that may be is some cases a "visual glitch" or something because for test i enabled Graffiti, saved, rebooted, run it again got requester BUT grafiti stays enabled

• I got your CA-PSU + ACA1233

You wrote that before, which is why I am saying these are known-good.

some tools and stuff

that's what I'm asking for. If there's some "Cosmos-patch", MCP or similar installed, the system tends to behave unpredictable, which is why Timm asks to launch the sytem without startup-sequence.

I'll keep silent for now - Timm will find a solution :-)

• I'll keep silent for now - Timm will find a solution :-)

Oh really?

As for the rescue disk, the beginning of the file 'flashtool' is overwritten with garbage. That's why it isn't recognized as an executable.

Regarding the requester, I'd suggest to take out the cosmos patch. But when the problem still persists when booting without startup-sequence, I'm out of ideas for the time being.

As you said, config tool 1.6 didn't give you these problems. As a workaround you can use config tool 1.6 and flash the firmware from 1.7.1.

• few test

1. config tool 16 + firmware 16 - OK no requester, options save, full screen bug

2. config tool 16 + firmware 171 - OK no requester, scanlines save problem, but its OK, full screen bug

3. config tool 17 + firmware 171 - requester on every start, scanlines save problem, full screen bug

(in 2 and 3) manual save is big help here

full screen bug - I mean sometimes after powering off display returns do default not scaled position

for the time being i choose 2.

will test more later

Timm: whats your opinion on interlace in pinball illusion on movie i uploaded ? I dont know how i suposed to be not playing interlace just observation.

Another issue is Graffiti demos works, but Nemac and shapeshifter dont some time ago a spoke to Jens but nothing new in this case, maybe you will help

• Is anyone else running into the limitation for the number of screenmodes that you can set up? At 31 the "copy" option becomes unavailable until you remove at least one.

31 sounds like a lot, except that 18 are predefined and can't be removed. So you can define no more than 13 yourself. And with the following Amiga screenmodes:

PAL hires/lores

PAL superhires

NTSC hires/lores

NTSC superhires

DblPAL

DblNTSC

Multiscan Productivity

Euro36

Euro72

Super72

HD720 1280x720

HIGHGFX 1024x768

XTREME 1280x1024

That's exactly 13 modes. Obviously very few people will be using all of those, but I do find it very useful to have two or three mappings for certain screenmodes, for instance a PAL for the workbench which uses maximum overscan and a PAL for games which keeps the normally used part of the screen in the middle.

Obviously there must be a limit on how much the FPGA can handle, but perhaps it is possible to have a somewhat smaller number of active modes and a larger number of modes that are disabled, and thus don't need to take up capacity on the FPGA. That way, you could simply disable some of the built-in modes to have more room to create your own.

• This configuration is making me nuts

First : I'm using HDMI and not VGA

Second : Choosing anything above 800x600 gives some crashed icons (not all icon but usually shiftet line to the right)

Third : I have absolutely no idea how to set this up (I'm afraid the guide on wiki doesn't help. Too much text that makes it even more confusing.). I need a pictured guide with specific text for the specific areas,

• First : I'm using HDMI and not VGA

Then the easiest "workaround" is to replace "VGA" in your head with "HDMI" - the naming of the output modes as "VGA modes" is historic, that's all. The word is just the shortest. Granted, the word "output mode" would be more accurate, but it should not stop you from understanding the documentation.

Second : Choosing anything above 800x600 gives some crashed icons (not all icon but usually shiftet line to the right)

Unfortunately "crashed icon" is not a common term. You might want to add a picture so we can get an idea what's wrong on your side. If you are referring to the aspect ratio, you also need to take into account that your monitor might be stretching the picture, depending on the monitor's menu settings.

I'm afraid the guide on wiki doesn't help. Too much text that makes it even more confusing.

It should be possible to work through the documentation on the Wiki step-by-step. Pictures have been added a few weeks ago, but you need to accept that handling this large number of input modes and output modes is a rather complex task. This does take a bit of reading and it will most certainly not work after two minutes of refusing to read a long text.

The documentation is not even attempting to give you a step-by-step "click here, then click there"-instruction. Instead, it's making you aware how the unit actually works and how you can influence it's behaviour. Once you understand the basic ideas behind it, you'll find out that it's not all that complicated. However, with three entities involved (Amiga, Flicker fixer and monitor), and only one entity controlled by iComp, there just can't be a "do-what-I-mean-button".

• My Monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster P2450

If I start IndivisionAGAmk3.1.5 and make a copy of 1024x768 HiGfx

It gives Select->on SHires and loads of other things I have no idea what means

VGA Mode is set to Pre 1024x768 70Hz Vesa

Test Mode is set to HIGHGFX:Super-High Res Laced (which is 1024x768)

If I click Test/Adjust and click This time it come with a full 1024x768 70Hz picture (fullscreen and no flickering)

If I click Okay and then click Save & Apply and click Use nothing really happens and I'm back to 800x600

So how do I change the screen other than using Screenmode under Prefs ?

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.