Indivision AGA MK3 for A1200

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Yep thanks! I did have dblpal in monitors grrr.. i cleared everything down and reset though still had issues with lost images and hanging config tool on save.. but finally battled through it.

the edid info i managed to get using hdmi to dvi cable and it matched one already in the list - strangely the edid version gave a blank screen even though the settings are identical to the preset one?

Anyway... after a battle I finally got it (nearly) working as I want.. Sysinfo is spot on.. games are generally centred and full screen, turrican is on the right but no loss ... strangely tho super frog and alien breed 2 lose some of the top whilst other games fit perfect - I guess games used different modes/resolutions?

• For some reason i cant get vsync over HDMI ok.

I do get image, but it looks like an interlaced mode on a 1084 monitor. Its like the screen is moving a bit down by half a pixel and then normalize.

I got this result with try and error, but also by using the values from an online calculator. With vsync off, the image is 100% ok with these settings. Tried this with 3 televisions and 4 freesync gaming monitors, all have the same result.

Does anybody have this working, maybe you can share the settings used?

• I found some games (Turricon series and Apydia) from Factor 5 which don't output sound through HDMI. I'm using a Iilyama ProLiteXB2380HS.

monitor. Could you try to fix it if it's possible?

• Did you try it with "auto resolution" enabled? As just vsync has the problem that the VGA/HDMI output and the Amiga input will not contain the same number of total pixels. So there is a jumpy line at the bottom of the screen, which might confuse the HDMI input on the monitor. With auto-resolution enabled the output is forced to have the exact same number of pixels and lines (or twice that) as the Amiga input. Although it will limit the choice of output resolution and for some monitors it only works when setting the mode to SuperHires (even though the games are hires). As this will force a doubling of the Amiga pixel clock as bases for the HDMI. The default 28.x Mhz is often too low for HDMI/DVI monitors (but often works on VGA). But when it works it gives a very good vsync result.

• Did you try it with "auto resolution" enabled? As just vsync has the problem that the VGA/HDMI output and the Amiga input will not contain the same number of total pixels. So there is a jumpy line at the bottom of the screen, which might confuse the HDMI input on the monitor. With auto-resolution enabled the output is forced to have the exact same number of pixels and lines (or twice that) as the Amiga input.

Yes tried this too, same effect or no screen at all (even from EDID). It also doesnt seem to detect all the modes availeble (but if i have read ok, this is normal).

At the moment its to hot here for this (34c), give it i try again next week

• So I sorted my problem with the help of live config and fixed the loss of image within alien breed 2 and superfrog.

by changing the screen size in super frog and the scaling the data was visible at the top .. I guess what was confusing is relating those 4 values to the test screen mode.. I only realised they were the same thing due to the fact the live mode was remembered.

So it took me 3 attempts to save as it hung twice.. but finally it was in and now my screens seem better :) phew.. thanks to everyone who helped...

• Hello everyone,

I just got the Indivision AGA Mk3, I am very pleased with this product so far.. thanks very much Jens and the Crew! :-)

- at first I could't mount the LISA cap - my Lisa chip is HP manufactured, but I just pressed a bit harder and it clicked..

- I get rid off CIA cap, I disconnected it. The product was acting weird after pressing the keyboard shorcut, the OSD turns to blue and different modes were swiching every a few seconds.

- So I just installed Config Tool

- after some experiments I ended at: HighGFX mode for WB 1024x768, looks amazing and I got about 1,5 MB of free chip mem with 16 colors.

- for low and hires laced I turn on scanline overlay for 75% (it improves low res graphics a lot), also I turned on Double Buffer

- I also placed the case metal cage on its place, I am not planning to cut holes, I think it doesn't even touch the Indi.

- flashing software very useful, because I have already "broken" the card testing some modes, so I could'd return to the fabric settings

- the one thing that dissapointed me a bit, was that when I moving mouse or windows, or hires game is moving I can see scanlines/fields

Anyway I recommend this product earlier I was using cheap SCART converter and OSSC, so I got a comparission,

I am staiyng with Indivision for sure :)

• - I get rid off CIA cap, I disconnected it. The product was acting weird after pressing the keyboard shorcut, the OSD turns to blue and different modes were swiching every a few seconds.

The OSD turning blue is intentional - it shows that you're in live edit mode. This mode allows you to move and zoom the screen without the config tool, which is very useful in a game or demo. I believe it's the rather unedpected behaviour of seeing the mouse move *and* the screen move at the same time that you perceived as "weird", and that leaving the mode is yet another press on the "Tilde" key, not a mouse button. So you might want to give this another chance!

• Please may I ask which version of Gloom you found had the Graffiti C2P renderer? Just the version of Gloom that had it, not a link to it or anything. I tried looking for it a while ago to try it on the ECSv2 and couldn't find it anywhere.

• Please note that this is a "per screenmode"-setting. If you have enabled it for your WB mode (which may be "on SHires only" or even HighGFX), then it's not automatically enabled for PAL or NTSC.

on wb i have pal hires, i tried to start without startup-sequence same result

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.