Indivision AGA MK3 for A1200

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Any pressure at all on the right hand side of the board causes the picture to break up, moving the ribbon cable can even bring it on and also cause the blacks to smear to a dark green. Even if I hold the Indivision board down onto the motherboard hard and then just lightly put my finger on the right hand side it can either induce the fail or cure it. I've had to remove it for now, it's just absolutely maddening and my wife and I want to play a few rounds of Worms Directors Cut tonight, completely impossible with the Indivision in. Shame, because when it works, it looks lovely.

• hi everyone

any positive feedback with MK3, everything i read pas few days is problems, errors and Jens and his team doing magnificient job on updates, but what works, how it works, im awaiting my mk3 and im starting to loosing hope that all will works fine.

• any positive feedback with MK3, everything i read pas few days is problems, errors and Jens and his team doing magnificient job on updates, but what works, how it works, im awaiting my mk3 and im starting to loosing hope that all will works fine.

Hmm, yeah of course that is a bit in the nature of a support forum. You will mostly see posts from people with questions or problems. Especially true for a product that is very new.

• Ok, sadly a few hours of absolute frustration.

I installed V1.4 and flashed the firmware - but the software is buggy as hell - keeps crashing (see pics) and seems to remember things you don't ask - e.g trying a mode is supposed to revert but the amount of times I lost the image and couldnt get it back (even with a reboot) resulted in a heavily used rescue disk. Once it moaned it couldn't find the card and resulted in me painfully pulling my tower apart.

Also save or use will sometimes hang and results in a need to reboot.

I use a CyberVision for my workbench mode - so just want to get the games looking sweet .. my native resolution is 1280x1024 and is a BENQ BL912. The EDID stuff .. when I ask it to get the values from the monitor it completely fails and gets nothing.

Anyway - I did somehow 'fluke' a view that looked pretty good on the monitor but some games just seemed to view too large for the screen resulting in losing a bit of the top (Alien breed 2), or the right (Ruff n Tumble).. Others had similar problems. Using the config tool I'm not sure how I would fix this as the 'adjust mode' is for the indi mode not the game mode? (or am I wrong here).. I couldn't find a way to adjust it and going into vga settings is not the same ability to move the screen around?

I don't have the keyboard connector on as I use a sub1200 keyboard adapter - I know with this on I can scale and move the screen around - but I believe it doesn't remember? what good is that?

Can I ask - If I moved and scaled a game to my liking - going into the indi config tool I would be able to save as my default game mode?

Anyway forgive me if I misunderstand how to use this tool - I've always found the Indi Config tools very confusing.

• Anyway - I did somehow 'fluke' a view that looked pretty good on the monitor but some games just seemed to view too large for the screen resulting in losing a bit of the top (Alien breed 2), or the right (Ruff n Tumble).. Others had similar problems. Using the config tool I'm not sure how I would fix this as the 'adjust mode' is for the indi mode not the game mode? (or am I wrong here).. I couldn't find a way to adjust it and going into vga settings is not the same ability to move the screen around?

There isn't a "indi mode" as such (you can select what screen mode to use for adjusting or testing, but normally you want to test with the screenmode that was used to define a config slot).

On the right side in the config tool is a list of config "slots" with names (anything starting with PRE are preset defaults from the software). Most games run in either standard PAL or standard NTSC mode (640x256 or 640x200). So you will need to find the correct slot in the list and select it you can copy a pre mode if you want to change it. Then when you press the adjust button to change things and here you can move the image around. There can be multiple slots for PAL and you can disable or enable individual slots. The AGA mk3 will use the first "matching" slot when the game starts. This is matching is based on the number of scanlines. Copied slots are put at the top of the list, so if you modified a "preset" it will be selected for the game.

I don't have the keyboard connector on as I use a sub1200 keyboard adapter - I know with this on I can scale and move the screen around - but I believe it doesn't remember? what good is that?

The OSD will show the values which you can use in the config tool later. The idea is that the config tool should be able to retrieve the last value set that way as well after leaving the game (not sure if that works already version 1.4). But you can always write the values down it is only 4 of them.

Once it moaned it couldn't find the card and resulted in me painfully pulling my tower apart.
    Also save or use will sometimes hang and results in a need to reboot.

Well at least you have a tower. My setup is just a bare 1200 mainboard I got from random box in Jens his basement. Listen, I understand the frustration, but the config tool isn't that buggy for me (and never was even during development). So there must be some library or component in your system that doesn't play nice with the config tool for some reason.

One part (although I'm guessing here) is that you are trying to change the VGA/monitor mode settings to shift the picture or have not selected the correct slot. As the normal adjust screen should not cause you to have to use the rescue disk, but messing with the VGA settings might.

• hi everyone

any positive feedback with MK3, everything i read pas few days is problems, errors and Jens and his team doing magnificient job on updates, but what works, how it works, im awaiting my mk3 and im starting to loosing hope that all will works fine.

Well, I can say in my case it works fine till now. Had some "screen blackouts" first. This happened to more users from the first batch. As so often the real testing can only be done out in the field on all the different combinations. But Jens and his team gave quick support , and after a few days the new firmware was out. After a simple little firmware flash with the latest config. tool mine is working fine now!

Great picture quality (I am using VGA)

Great resolutions! A great enhancement! So I am a satisfied MK3 customer so far ! ;)

Recapped A1200 Rev. 2B (HP-Lisa) orig A1200 PSU 3 A, Aca1233n-40 with RTC, CF-card adapter (32gb). Motherboard timi g fix.

• I use a CyberVision for my workbench mode - so just want to get the games looking sweet .. my native resolution is 1280x1024 and is a BENQ BL912. The EDID stuff .. when I ask it to get the values from the monitor it completely fails and gets nothing.

Just a random question. Have you daisy chained the AGA mk3 through the CyberVision or does it have a separate cable to the monitor?

• Hey, thanks for the quick replies much appreciated. I’m sure I’ll get it sorted but have just found the last few hours frustrating.

I have it going via a ratte monitor switch - so both the cyber and Indi vga outputs go into the ratte. I did wonder if this might have caused a problem with monitor Edid - so I wired it up direct and skipped the rtg .. but to no avail.

i am a little surprised it didn’t work as the benq is a recent model.

• hi everyone

Afcource, after installation some problems with sparkling colors, but after using 1.3 software this was gone (at the moment i'm using 1.4).

I managed to setup a 50 Hz mode with vsync on VGA for games, Image is nice, no artifacts, no ghosting or what so ever and animations are as smooth as on the Indi ECS v2.

Another nice thing is that there is no more 'sparkling' with super-hires, Had this on my MKII on both my a1200's. And now without using a setting to prevent this issue its already gone.

Only 2 things to figure out : why vsync isnt working on HDMI and how to 'zapp' through the settings while playing a game / changing monitor (mancave / living room ;)). But this can be a case of RTFM :) Didnt read the manual yet, most seems the same as for older indivisions.

• why vsync isnt working on HDMI

I found that "the higher the output resolution, the more likely it is that 50Hz Auto+VSync modes work". So please try using SHires pixels at the input side, that will increase the output resolution as well (as that's just doubling input pixels). If a game/demo "only" displays Lores or Hires, the pixels are just doubled.

• Any pressure at all on the right hand side of the board causes the picture to break up,

That really sounds like a bad solder joint on the flicker fixer itself - hopefully not the BGA :-) Please send the unit back, we'll exchange it and analyze the fault on your unit.

• Just a short note that this can't be on the flicker fixer itself, as that doesn't have a C303. I assume you found that bad solder joint on the A1200 board.

Yes, on my Amiga itself, I wouldn't take my soldering iron to the Indivision when it's so new!
    I am off on holiday today so I will need to ship the Indivision back in a weeks time. Do I need to get in touch over email for an RMA number?

• Just got my MK3.

Wow, this is absolutely perfect. The picture quality is excellent and I really like that it has a built in scaler so that switching between modes is instant :-)

And I LOVE they keyboard shortcuts!!!!

I actually did not create a rescue disk first and switched on v-sync for PAL modes!!! That did not work!!!

I fixed it with holding in both mouse buttons and hit space (switch between PAL and NTSC) to switch to NTSC and then I was quicly back in business. And YES, I have a Rescue disk now :-D

• I have created some nice modes where the screen is filled perfectly from side to side and top to bottem without any scaling.

Is it possible to export this mode and use this on lets say an Indivision ECS v2?

When i look at the file created by savng the project, its just plain text ; seperated, could it be as simple to just add a line and then open the file in the tool?

• So I'm still struggling to get this thing working... my only requirement is to get the game mode centred and something in WB with amiga mode - e.g. sysinfo.

Test modes always look centred, although I still seem to feel its a little too large for my display. I can get WHDLoad games to sort of centre but then sysinfo is off on the left..

Anyway - this is a typical issue I have so if anyone would be able to advise what I'm doing wrong... and my EDID read action does not work for whatever reason. I will try HDMI to DVI next to see if that helps.

So after a restore from my rescue disk I open WB and its looks fine in Pal Hires - corners are spot on. I then go into the tool it throws up a message which I ignore (accepting often causing other problems) and then I test... all good right? woooh... what happened there? The sodding thing is lost.... what?? I haven't saved jack...

https://drive.google.com/file/…frXEAU77/view?usp=sharing

This is just one of many issues I have faced... I've plugged the keyboard adapter back in to try and scale and move the pic around but it never seems to remember? interlace is off (Alien breed 2) - move the page.. nice.. Pal is off in game.. ok lets move that... now exit.. go into config tool - something changed... accept.. save.. go back to game... back in old positions???

If someone can do a video on how to use the configuration that would be helpful I feel as I'm about 1 evening away from throwing this out of the window... :cursing:

• Test modes always look centred, although I still seem to feel its a little too large for my display. I can get WHDLoad games to sort of centre but then sysinfo is off on the left..

Hi.

I had the same at it seems like sysinfo opens a DblPAL. What I did was remove all other than PAL and NTSC in the Devs:Monitors folder and rebooted my machine. Then all modes look perfecy includinf sysinfo. At least for me.

• monkat

First of all: Please make sure that you've cleaned the contacts of Lisa.

Try reflashing your card from the rescue disk with the most recent version.

Then delete all monitor files except for PAL, NTSC and CV64. Then have a look into your Overscan Prefs and reset those settings to default. This could cause PAL Modes alignment being different on WB, than in Games.

Make sure that you have direct connection to your monitor and dont have some kind of hdmi switch or hub in between.

First thing you should do after flashing is to accept the requester about writing the configuration to your device. If you have blanking issues activate DVI mode and set the value from VSync to 1 under "Advanced".

Than open the menu and reread EDID information.

Then select the first PAL mode and change the VGA mode to the one you've got from EDID. Recommended is 1024x1024 to have pixelperfect alignment.

Adjust the screenmode and save/apply changes.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.