Indivision AGA MK3 for A1200

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • This is all really confusing. After removing the Vampire and booting the ADF I get the GURU requester again and its the same old game. No EDID, no Settings recognized...

• This is all really confusing. After removing the Vampire and booting the ADF I get the GURU requester again and its the same old game. No EDID, no Settings recognized...

So what exact Guru message is that?

And did the person who did the re-cap of your PSU also give you the technical data of the caps that were used? I mean, if you don't have the measuring equipment to verify that everything was done correctly, you might have ended up with higher ripple than before, because the person saved a few cents on higher-ESR caps. The mere choice of 105 degrees types does not say a single bit about ESR, and that's the critical, dominant bit of data that you want to know if you have such maintenance done.

• The person that did the recap said, that he will use higher quality caps for +5V. I'll ask him and report it here.

Btw, now that I've kept my amiga off for a few minutes, the config tool works again. Then I've plugged in the Vampire and it won't work again... I think its pretty safe to say that there's an incompatibility between Vampire and Indi MK3

• Oh boy - so the Vampire guys didn't learn a tiny bit about compatibility? Timm, can you please confirm in public that you're using the exact chip register mirrors that were "the solution" for Indivision ECS V2? I don't want to jump to conclusions (just yet). The error might as well be on our side, but that's for Timm to verify/falsify.

I'm sorry. We did not use the Vampire workaround chipbase in all places. This should be corrected now in Version 1.1:

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/Indivision_AGA_MK3/doc

• Hi - Question about the MK3, I have the MK2 CR and on my TV I have always had a fairly large black border around the picture, which I think was due to the DVI and the way that the TV processed it. Will this new model eliminate this issue?

Also I read that this new model may or may not have the ability to output sound through it's connection, I am assuming since the secondary board is on the keyboard chip that this secondary board will have nothing to do with this potential function, as I will not be able to install it due to using another board on the chip for my wireless keyboard. I am assuming this secondary board will only be used for on the fly configuration /adjustments of the MK3 board itself?

• Hi - Question about the MK3, I have the MK2 CR and on my TV I have always had a fairly large black border around the picture, which I think was due to the DVI and the way that the TV processed it. Will this new model eliminate this issue?

There are two main advantages of the MK3 over the MK2 and MK2cr: First of all, the MK3 has a scaler, so you can stretch the picture in both directions if you want to fill blank spaces.

Next, the MK3 can do much higher pixel clocks. The MK2 and MK2cr flicker fixers had a maximum pixel clock of 135MHz on the output side, and the MK3 can do 163MHz, which means that the "1080p full HD" requirement of "just under 150MHz" is well within specification. This means that you can set an output resolution of 1920x1080 pixels and set the scaler to stretch your picture wide enough to get rid of the black borders.

Naturally, a circle will look more like an egg then, but you've got the "full screen" that you asked for :-)

I am assuming this secondary board will only be used for on the fly configuration /adjustments of the MK3 board itself?

That's it's main function, yes. The other signal it's taking is the power LED, which we use for low-pass filter emulation in digital audio. You can of course hear audio completely without the CIA-adapter, but it will be "minus correctness of low-pass filter".

Personally, I'd make sure that the adapter is on, as the live configuration with keyboard and mouse is a really important feature that you don't want to miss once you've tried it during a game or demo.

• But once the firmware was flashed I got this:

Sorry for reacting pretty late to this; I was thinking that you have recorded this picture through the FBAS output of the computer, hence the wrong colours. However, if this is recorded from the MK3 output, this is a clear sign to try the chip set patch functions in the config tool: Go to "advanced" on the current config and try the "pull up" setting for PCLK to see if that corrects the colours.

Further, since there's a customer in the German part of this forum with a similar problem, I'd like to see if you have the same Lisa chip: His is a Commodore/CSG Lisa (which has known issues on SHires output), while most A1200 computers came with HP Lisa chips. Timing might be different-enough betweek these chip types to cause this colour problem.

Edit: If you really have a Commodore-CSG Lisa, please try the core that I have uploaded in this post.

• Sorry for reacting pretty late to this; I was thinking that you have recorded this picture through the FBAS output of the computer, hence the wrong colours. However, if this is recorded from the MK3 output, this is a clear sign to try the chip set patch functions in the config tool: Go to "advanced" on the current config and try the "pull up" setting for PCLK to see if that corrects the colours.

I got that problem sorted out, however I dont know what exactly did the trick... I pulled up the Indivision, cleaned the contacts... and so on and so on... so far THAT problem is gone...

I'd like to continue with you at the german thread, makes it easier for me to explain what I see/get/do....

• I'd like to continue with you at the german thread, makes it easier for me to explain what I see/get/do....

Sure - just not today, as I got up at 4:20am today to get most of the pre-orders out. I'll do more support tomorrow, probably similarly-early as today :-)

• Sure - just not today, as I got up at 4:20am today to get most of the pre-orders out. I'll do more support tomorrow, probably similarly-early as today :-)

No problem, I found just right now some time to record what I get... Just typing my reply at that thread.

• I got my Mk3 today and it seems OK in my A1200, except for in my favorite game, Worms Director's Cut (installed to my CF card hard drive. The main menu in the game flickers dreadfully and once I start the game the menu bar at the bottom flashes constantly and when you try to move around or are in the process of firing or an explosion is going off the whole screen flickers. Other games and Workbench seem fine, is this just going to be an artifact of the way that game accesses the hardware?

Also, is it expected that you can't use a hard drive cradle when using the Indivision?

• if you get the whole screen flickers and mouse movement and clicking makes the screen go black.

disabling the Graffiti emulation seems to fix for me

• disabling the Graffiti emulation fixes the screen flickering

disabling pre screen modes that have shires at the end fixes the screen from flashing black and going black with mouse clicking and movement.

doing this will make the osd stay on the screen and pop up when you move the mouse and flash SHRES instead of giving a black screen.

• kurupt: Can you describe the exact chip set that your A1200 has? This seems like the RGA timing is off, which we have on the agenda for fixing. Luckily, I managed to find an A1200 where this happens, so we're one step further than we were yesterday.

• its a revision 2B motherboard with a HP Lisa chip.

The chip set consists of more than just Lisa - please also list Alice, Budgie, and if possible, please post a picture of the underside of the board, so we can see if patches have been made in the past that may affect RGA timing.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.