Indivision AGA MK3 for A1200

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Wow sad news you guys wrote, i hope its a glitch

emwee: what happend after this operation ? when you reset

dont know its important but on manual its:

This should give you a picture back with the hardcoded defaults, and

Code
    1. flashtool saveconfig default.conf

is all navigation and command plain text only ?? no GUI ?

• It stays at this weird picture...

There is no default.conf at the rescue disk.

And if I want to load the Config Tool from the provided ADF-Diskfile it shows first "couldn't open asl.library" and second the "know" requester: "IndivisionAGAmk3 Hardware not found", starting the tool takes... well about 2-3 minutes then.

• I've done it! HDMI output is working now.

First of all I created a Rescue disk (without MK3 being built in). Then put it back in and removed all other hardware.

Then I flashed the card and went into the config tool. Under "Advanced" there's the VSync value. I had to set this down to 1. Besides that I activated "DVI" option as my monitor only has DVI and VGA.

But the problem remains that the config tool won't recognize the MK3 sometimes.

• what writing status do you have

to write a configuration file.

The flashtool reports the return status using the Amiga's power LED, as follows:

• Blinking once, pause, repeat: Success, all ok
    • Blinking twice, pause, repeat: Flash not found
    • Blinking three times, pause, repeat: Some other error
  • Is this option by default enabled? Or do we have to enable it with the config tool? Really looking forward to try this out.

Unfortunately, yes, the audio option is switched on by default, which causes most DVI-only monitors to either not display a picture, or to have it go away (actually more than you see it). The solution is to switch to DVI mode in the config tool, this will let you use all DVI monitors.

I just got the MK3, but on the wiki there's no Config Tool available. Jens, can you please give me a download link?

It was late, uploaded yesterday afternoon - a day before the promosed release date, but a day after the first customers got it:

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/Indivision_AGA_MK3/doc

i won't get a picture at all from the HDMI output.

Sounds like you have a DVI monitor - please switch to DVI mode in the config tool. Sorry about that pre-config - we need to change that on the standard factory config!

And the config tool won't read the EDID information.

This is most likely a contact problem - we didn't have a single monitor that would not share it's info, (almost) no matter how old. The one that failed was an old Eizo 15-inch CRT that really does not support EDID - all flat screens do. Please double-check your cable.

On VGA the picture appears and disappears (except HighGFX mode)

That's a known problem with bad power supplies. You say you have a re-capped 4.5A model - what's the output cap brand you've used, and what were the ripple and voltage values at the computer after you did the re-cap?

Could it be the hot weather at the moment ?

Likely, as a hot power supply will also have hot output caps, leading to higher ripple. Also, I'd double-check the available voltage inside the computer.

Same problem here... To be more in detail: works perfect in HighGFX-Mode, but I get a blanking screen when using - for example - PAL:HighRes Interlace.

Before you upload a video, a simple description of the setup will help: Type of monitor, cable used, input used, and of course anything you've changed in the config tool. The factory-preset has HDMI mode enabled by detault, which leads to problems with DVI monitors - that was an oversight on our side, but it can be easily fixed with the config tool.

my Indivision isn't recognized at all now. No VGA or HDMI output. Will send it back tomorrow...

That sounds like it just isn't installed - did you push it on Lisa all the way down and did you hear&feel that clicking sound?

The fast-config by keyboard works so far.

My config:

- A1200 Rev 1b

- Orig C= A600 PSU

- Vampire 1200 V2 (tested without -> caused yellow and red guru-meditations during trying to boot)

you probably have a combination of problems - we did not test with Vampire, as that's not a 68000 accelerator, but a whole different platform. However, we did implement the same "workaround" as we did for Indivision ECS V2 - if the Vampire team has learned a tiny bit about compatibility issues from that, they would have changed "nothing" and left the register space outside the mirrors "untouched". So from our side, we've done what's required to make it work - please try with a real-CPU accelerator (or completely without accelerator) to see if the flicker fixer is found. If it is found, please turn to the Vampire vendor(s) and ask what register space they block this time..

• I used the created rescue-disc to reset all back to default and hopefully get a working config...

But once the firmware was flashed I got this:

And this is the "style" how everything is now shown...

Looks like I got this sorted out this morning, will see if it really is gone when I am back from work later this day!

• what writing status do you have

to write a configuration file.

The flashtool reports the return status using the Amiga's power LED, as follows:

That's only for the rescue disk and the non-GUI flash tool. The GUI tool writes to flash if you click on "save/apply". However, before Cego thinks that a setting is "forgotten", you can always exit and re-enter the flash tool, which will read back and compare the flash contents with the saved config on HD. If there's a difference, the tool will let you know in a requester - how dows that behave?

• The config tool is totally unusable. It'll throw GURU requesters at random which makes it hard to even get to the point to save the settings. And it always tells me at startup that the config was not written to the device yet and asks me if I want to apply the suggested mode.

I have pulled everything from the machine and bootet from the ADF.

Regarding the PSU, I can't tell you anything more specific as I don't have the equipment to measure such stuff.

• Another problem I have encountered is, that OSDPos option results in black screen or shifted image. The OSD itself will always stay at the top left. Is there a way to deactivate OSD completely? Setting OSDSec to 0 has no effect.

• The config tool is totally unusable. It'll throw GURU requesters at random which makes it hard to even get to the point to save the settings.

The tool works fine without accel, with 020 and with 030 accelerators. Granted, it's currently not yet been tested with 040/060 CPUs, but that should not cause any trouble. To fix any bugs (if any), there is a debug version that outputs a lot of additional information through the serial port - Timm can send that (or upload it to the Wiki).

First of all, please describe your exact setup - the artefacts you've shown in your YT video clearly point to a power supply issue, which may be caused by the PSU itself, or by another component in the computer.

Another problem I have encountered is, that OSDPos option results in black screen or shifted image. The OSD itself will always stay at the top left.

..meaning that settings don't even reach the flicker fixer in your computer. We'll have to find out what's the cause for this - I have already suspected a contact problem in your computer, and your continuous other error messages support that. Do you have an old toothbrush and alcohol that you can use the clean the contacts around Lisa?

Also, please don't forget to answer the other questions I've asked in my previous posting. We're here to help. However, you need to work with us, not against us. At this point, I'm making suggestions, you're ignoring them and post more errors that appear to have the same cause. There's no point in doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.

• Hi Jens a few questions

1 currently I have mk2cr do I have to uninstall old drivers and settings or it can stay in case of re-to mk2

2. Are your power supplies adapted to work with the mk3 and future ACA 040 060

3. I will use the MK3 on the 16: 9 monitor (I have no other 4: 3 RIP)

Is it possible to set the picture with the proportions and with black stripes on the sides?

• 1 currently I have mk2cr do I have to uninstall old drivers and settings or it can stay in case of re-to mk2

There are no actual "drivers" - the config/flash tool of the MK2cr will just not work with the new version and vice versa. Both can be on the harddrive at the same time, that's no problem.

2. Are your power supplies adapted to work with the mk3 and future ACA 040 060

There is no need for specific "adaption" - our power supplies comply with the specifications that Commodore has provided. Any other power supply that complies with the specs will work as well, provided it's not overloaded with the overall system. The ACA1240/1260 takes most of it's power from the 12V rail, so interference with any 5V device is *very* unlikely.

3. I will use the MK3 on the 16: 9 monitor (I have no other 4: 3 RIP)

Is it possible to set the picture with the proportions and with black stripes on the sides?

Yes, that's no problem - you can either set to "black borders left and right", or you can stretch the picture to be full-screen. There are of course settings in the monitor that we can't influence - one of the settings is the "picture mode" which can be "full screen", "aspect" or "1:1" (sometimes called "PC mode"). The latter is what you should choose in order to have pixel-exact control over the panel from the Amiga side. Your monitor's manual is your friend :-)

• what's the output cap brand you've used, and what were the ripple and voltage values at the computer after you did the re-cap?

I got 5,06V and 12,66V at the power plug and the floppy power pin header.

that really does not support EDID - all flat screens do. Please double-check your cable.

I have cleaned the contacts of the PSU plug and reading EDID worked afterwards.

But there's still no LED activity when I save/apply the settings (or is this just happening when using the CLI flashing tool?)

Type of monitor, cable used, input used, and of course anything

It is a Fujitsu E19-9 monitor and the cable is a standard DVI to HDMI one. Input is DVI.

did you push it on Lisa all the way down and did you hear&feel that clicking sound?

yes I did and It sits pretty tight now. I have cleaned the contacts of Lisa with isopropyl alcohol.

First of all, please describe your exact setup

A1200, 2B +Timing Fixes, Gotek Floppy, Rapidroad, mSATA SSD on motherboard IDE, Vampire 1200.

For testing/flashing I have removed the SSD and V1200.

Here are some picture of my PSU:

• The tool works fine without accel, with 020 and with 030 accelerators. Granted, it's currently not yet been tested with 040/060 CPUs, but that should not cause any trouble. To fix any bugs (if any), there is a debug version that outputs a lot of additional information through the serial port - Timm can send that (or upload it to the Wiki).

I think that would be beside the point, as the problems on Cego's machine seem to run deeper than what can be covered with some serial debug output. We can do this, but this might just add to the confusion. The config tool is not supposed to throw random GURU requesters, to cause division by zero, etc. A start would be to run the tool with just the IndivisionAGAmk3 installed and all other expansions, accelerators, etc. removed, from a freshly booted standard Workbench. In a shell, please invoke "stack 100000", then "showconfig" (and post the output here), and then run the config tool.

• I think I have found the problem.

1. The power plug of the PSU had to be cleaned

2. the config tool works just fine and recognizes the monitor when there's no Vampire plugged in. As soon as I start it with the vampire running, the config tool will complain that the configuration was not yet saved to the device. There are no previous settings recognized.

Reading EDID however worked. I can easily reproduce this by pulling the Vampire and put it back in.

When the Vampire is pulled all the settings are there.

I have tested this from the config tool ADF, so there's no other fancy OS stuff running in the background.

• the config tool works just fine and recognizes the monitor when there's no Vampire plugged in.

Oh boy - so the Vampire guys didn't learn a tiny bit about compatibility? Timm, can you please confirm in public that you're using the exact chip register mirrors that were "the solution" for Indivision ECS V2? I don't want to jump to conclusions (just yet). The error might as well be on our side, but that's for Timm to verify/falsify.

It is a Fujitsu E19-9 monitor and the cable is a standard DVI to HDMI one. Input is DVI.

Please remember to tick the "DVI mode" box in the "advanced" settings, and of course to run a firmware update (from drop-down menu), as the factory-flashed version of your unit does not have that setting. If that's not ticked, audio will be encoded in the blanking periods of the monitor signal, which confuses some (if not all) DVI monitors. It's about the same problem that you have if you're trying to use an RPi on a DVI monitor - it does not work out of the box.

All units that are shipped today have an updated config that has the DVI-mode checked, so every single monitor will display a stable picture.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.