Indivision AGA MK3 for A1200

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Maybe to implement audio filters digitally for HDMI audio output?

Exactly :-)

The implication of this is quite large, as Lisa does not do Audio in the AGA chipset. That's still Paula's task. However, all data that is pushed to Paula via DMA is also flying by Lisa, so we can sniff that and push it into a Paula audio emulation. This gives us a fully digital implementation of the chipset audio. Needless to say that Paula audio emulation is taking up a significant part of the FPGA logic - one explanation for an FPGA that has about twice as many logic cells as the MK2 model had.

Please mind that audio over HDMI is not an advertised feature and it's therefore not covered by official product support. We still have it on the "experimental" features list, as filtering the audio is something that we didn't get right yet. Digital audio is generated with a frequency of 3.58MHz (CCK of the chipset), and re-sampling to 48kHz is something we haven't done before, and you can hear it in the current state of the filters. You do hear a difference of "low pass filter on or off", but there's still a metallic kind-of-noise especially with low-quality samples that is not there on the analogue audio of the computer. We may or may not improve this in the future with a core update.

• Hello Jens,

I pre-ordered this Indivision MK3.

Is it possible to change the delivery address?

What have I to do? Just change the address in the user-settings in my account?

• Is it possible to change the delivery address?

Only if your order has been paid with a bank transfer. If it was paid with PayPal, the only way is a refund.

Please send me an eMail (just answer the confirmation eMail from the shop system) to sort things out, and please hurry. The first units will be shipped today.

• Please send me an eMail (just answer the confirmation eMail from the shop system) to sort things out, and please hurry. The first units will be shipped today.

yes, finally, 3 days before the official date, great job :thumbup:

Now I hope my order will also be shipped today 8)

• yes, finally, 3 days before the official date

yes, and pre-orders are flooding in, now that the official delivery date gets closer. We'll do our best to ship all current pre-orders until the 10th, but I have now set the "promised date" for both the MK3 flicker fixer and the CA-PSU to Friday August 14th. We already had lots of pre-orders, but what's currently coming in is massive, and I don't want to disappoint people because their order may be shipped a few days late.

• I wanted to thank you for quick shipment. I received my tracking number today!

just couple dumb questions, can I use AmigaKit "FASTIDE A1200 ADAPTER FOR 4XIDE INTERFACE" with Indivision AGA MK3? does Indivision AGA MK3 comes with necessary drivers and softwares on floppy disk or I need to download them?

• Please mind that audio over HDMI is not an advertised feature and it's therefore not covered by official product support. We still have it on the "experimental" features list, as filtering the audio is something that we didn't get right yet. Digital audio is generated with a frequency of 3.58MHz (CCK of the chipset), and re-sampling to 48kHz is something we haven't done before, and you can hear it in the current state of the filters. You do hear a difference of "low pass filter on or off", but there's still a metallic kind-of-noise especially with low-quality samples that is not there on the analogue audio of the computer. We may or may not improve this in the future with a core update.

Is this option by default enabled? Or do we have to enable it with the config tool? Really looking forward to try this out.

My Indivision arrived today and I've - of course - already tested it: great product, works like a charm, wonderful picture by using the H*MI port - love it!

• Hello Jens,

thank you for the fast shipment. Installation of the mk3 was quite fast and easy:):thumbup:

But now I need to use the downloadable software. I tried the mentioned download-link

>> http://wiki.icomp.de/w/index.p…=IndivisionAGAmk3-1.0.lha <<,

but it leads me to an upload-page, where i shall entry name and password. Neither my shop- nor my forum-account-name is known therefor, mentioned with an error-message.

Could you check the download-link?

Thanks and best regards, Björn

• i won't get a picture at all from the HDMI output. And the config tool won't read the EDID information. Monitor is a Fujitsu E19-9.

On VGA the picture appears and disappears (except HighGFX mode)

Sometimes the prefs will complain that no Indivision MK3 hardware was found and it also happens that the Config Tool will crash on exit (8000 0005)

• i have removed every additional hardware from the a1200 and bootet from the adf and it is still the same. Either "Indivision is not recognized" or Guru Requester.

PSU is an original recapped 4,5A model

• I have the same problems as Cego... It was fine at first starting (cold start) today and a couple of minutes later these symptoms appeared.

Could it be the hot weather at the moment ? Or power problem (original small heavy brick psu)

Aca1233n-40 installed.

• Thank you for the link :-) Will now try to adjust with that software. But basical I had a similar experience. Workbench itself with SuperHires Interlaced started fine. But when starting a demo by WHD-Load, the Indivision switched off and on repeating the screen. Will do some adjustment tests first now and compare with its behaviour during playing games.

• I have the same problems as Cego... It was fine at first starting (cold start) today and a couple of minutes later these symptoms appeared.

Could it be the hot weather at the moment ? Or power problem (original small heavy brick psu)

Aca1233n-40 installed.

Same problem here... To be more in detail: works perfect in HighGFX-Mode, but I get a blanking screen when using - for example - PAL:HighRes Interlace.

If needed I can upload a video showing the behavior.

• Hi together,

here the same problems:

1) The software says: "Cant find the IndivisionAGAmk3 hardware. Continue?"

2) After a cold start the workbench seems to be stable, but after a few minutes the screen turns off and on and off an on when anything bigger change on the wb-screen comes (for e.g. opening a bigger window, changing screenmodes, etc.) During it turns on again, the indivision infoscreen appears.

3) Trying to flash with the created rescue-disk does not work. I start with the rescue-disk and it says:

"IndivisionAGAmk3 Flashtool 1.0

flash sig: 1ffe0000 - ver: 191.0

*** Invalid flash signature

Press CTRL-C or mouse button to continue."

4) It seems the mk3 platine gets very hot. Could be normal as well. Just for info.

The fast-config by keyboard works so far.

My config:

- A1200 Rev 1b

- Orig C= A600 PSU

- Vampire 1200 V2 (tested without -> caused yellow and red guru-meditations during trying to boot)

- CF on A1200 IDE-port

- not recapped yet, but no further issues beside that.

• I used the created rescue-disc to reset all back to default and hopefully get a working config...

But once the firmware was flashed I got this:

And this is the "style" how everything is now shown...

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.