Cannot save to CRT images.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • So I was trying a cartridge image of the game Pirates! I think I have asked this before with regards to another cartridge image, but is there any technical reason to why we cannot save on cartridge images? It would be really nice to have this feature

• I can only guess that you are referring to an Easyflash Image.... You can "save" to it, however the changes will only be saved to the Chameleon RAM. To actually save it to SD-Card, enter the menu, enter the Filebrowser, press F4, select "save ROM image", enter a filename, and then select the cartridge slot the EF image was loaded to.

• I can only guess that you are referring to an Easyflash Image.... You can "save" to it, however the changes will only be saved to the Chameleon RAM. To actually save it to SD-Card, enter the menu, enter the Filebrowser, press F4, select "save ROM image", enter a filename, and then select the cartridge slot the EF image was loaded to.

Thanks. Yes, I meant an EasyFlash image. Thanks, so it is actually possible to save then. Very nice! Thanks again

• I tried saving as a ROM image. I selected the slot the EF image was loaded to. It created a ROM file. But when I was trying to run the ROM file, nothing happened.

This is a cartridge version of the game Pirates! and it is supposed to be able to save to it. At least in emulators. I think it was an easy flash cartridge. It is a CRT file. It would be nice if one could just save the game, then enter menu and update the image. Like with D64 images.

Edit: Yes, it's an easy flash image. I checked the txt file.

• To load it back, the easiest way is to first load the original crt, go back to the menu, then load the saved .bin. Writing directly into the original crt file isnt trivially solved, unfortunately. Effectively you'd have to write the full .crt file in any case (because the original file may contain "holes", ie missing banks, which the saving might have modified).

Oh, to make the menu recognize the file, save it with a .rom extension

• To load it back, the easiest way is to first load the original crt, go back to the menu, then load the saved .bin. Writing directly into the original crt file isnt trivially solved, unfortunately. Effectively you'd have to write the full .crt file in any case (because the original file may contain "holes", ie missing banks, which the saving might have modified)

Thanks for the answer. With this much hassle it's much easier to just run the single disk D64 version of the game.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.