Indivision ECS V2 on monitor CRT

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, I received from a friend of mine an amazing monitor CRT 17" Mitsubishi diamond scan 70.

Using a CRT monitor with the Indivision is another world. All look like I was using my old 1084S (more or less). The only problem is that I can't manage to have a centred screen.

The only time that I have some results, is when I use the 1280x1024 resolution, but for some reasons it looks like an interlaced resolution, the characters look shaded and the screen is vibrating(see pictures 6,10). It is strange because this CRT can, natively, use that resolution (please look at pic 8). On the LCD I never needed to fix the problem that at 800x600 the OSD is cut in half, but now the OSD is almost gone (see pictures 3,7,9) and the games have a huge black border or an unused area on the left side(see pictures 1,2,3,4 ). I have tried almost all the suggestion on this forum, but no success. I can't find a way to modify, once I copied the built in profile, the horizontal and vertical parameter to match the spec table from Mitsubishi(pic 8 )

Any help will be very appreciated.

Kind regards

• Hi Jens,

like I said, I already tried those solutions. Moving the mouse or using the keys or clicking on the arrows near "Left, Top Horizontal, Height" have the same result. It just moves the black border from left to right or using width and height some bars appear on the screen.

For some reasons using 1280x1024 @60 or 800x600 @100 give me a centred image. The only problem is that with 1280 the screen looks like is in interlace mode. At 800 the characters are not correctly visualized. So I suppose that, if I can modify those 2 resolutions, modifying the parameters like H timing and V timing (freq, polarity, B.porch ..) to the one that my CRT understand the most, something may improve

Unfortunately, I am unable to modify those parameters from the software.

Thanks

• Changing the parameters of the VGA output is almost never required, as they are standard Vesa modes. Feel free to play around with that (you'll be able to edit the presets after making a copy within the config tool), but picture movement is something that sould not be attempted by changing the Sync parameters; we have the positioning and scaling for that.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.