suddenly my buddha shows HD as DF4

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • sorry for my bad english

the day 12 apr 2019 I purchased the Buddha interface and there have been no problems to date

I can not more to start my HD that are all called as a DF4 and DF5, or DF 6 etc.

it ruined my CF with the data inside them

I tried to format everything again

but I can never format and the computer freezes when it's formatting

what can I do ?

is it possible that it is already broken without me doing anything?

please help me
    Igor

I attach images

• Your Buddha showing a "DF4" drive indicates that you are using the old ROM. It seems like your CF card is confused with a removable drive, such as a ZIP drive or an LS120 drive. The new ROM removes support for these, and also doesn't check the "removable" bit any more.

New ROM and flash tool can be found in our Wiki.

I can't say what the cause may be - it seems like your CF card suddenly decided to send different identification data. This is something that usually can't be changed from the computer's side unless you have specialized software for that specific card. So I suspect that you're looking at a simple defect of the CF card.

• I have not done anything special, but I have not used the computer for a few months

perhaps the CF that I'm using is not of good quality

I will try to follow the instructions to flash the ROM

Thanks a lot JENS !!!

• I had done a check on the computer power supply but some time ago

the new control and verify all voltages

I think this may be the real problem.

I have another power supply, to which I have recently changed all the capacitors

I will use this power supply with the new capacitors

thanks again !

• Sorry Jens

I followed the instructions for making updates

I hold down the right mouse button in the boot computers (nothing happens) then I insert the floppy workbench with the program, and ROM

Type the command but when it asks me to press the Y button, nothing happens and remains as in the picture

where am I doing wrong?

• OK

the card is always displayed in the diagnostic, and it is in the working state

When I try to get a HardDisk IDE or CF to read, with an IDE adapter, it always gives me zero space

I noticed that with the DOM inserted in port one the buddhascsi.device device is present

but if I remove the DOM from port 1 it is no longer present (I use SYSINFO to see the DEVICE)

I tried to hold down the two mouse buttons and see in the BOOT menu if it presents me with some disk but I only see DF1 and DF0

ROM UPDATE

IN boot menu Found only DF0 and DF1

Diagnostic Menu

In HDtool I found 2 unknown device

I try read the HD IDE or CF IDE same result ... zero

• When I try to get a HardDisk IDE or CF to read, with an IDE adapter, it always gives me zero space

Looks like you're using HDToolbox, but you're not attempting to read the drive configuration. While the drive is "unknown", HDToolbox won't show any size. You need to do the "define new drive type" thing - please take a screenshot of what's seen on each of the units. Sometimes a fault can be seen from the strings that are read from the units. I smell a resistor of shame here...

I noticed that with the DOM inserted in port one the buddhascsi.device device is present

but if I remove the DOM from port 1 it is no longer present (I use SYSINFO to see the DEVICE)

The device is only added to the system if a drive was found.

• Sure
    1° test = DOM

I show in the picture throughout the procedure that I do for the DOM unit

I will then reboot and I should see the drive to be formatted

however do not see the drive to format and the procedure it is as if it had never been done

• "Diwk" instead of "Disk", that shows a false bit, possibly because of a bad connection (it does not seem to be the resistor of shame). Try taking out the controller, clean the connector with alcohol and an old toothbrush and try that again.

• 3° test = insert dom and CF/IDE

I performed the same steps as above, but on both units and you put only the pictures of the final result

in any case, if you reboot, no disk to format is shown

• "Diwk" instead of "Disk", that shows a false bit, possibly because of a bad connection (it does not seem to be the resistor of shame). Try taking out the controller, clean the connector with alcohol and an old toothbrush and try that again.

OK
    I try now

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.