Buddha Boot

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, there is any way to disable Buddha 20th anniversary boot?

I need to boot only from my GVP imact II series 8MB, but as in the past, the GVP boot take ages to start to load the OS if another boot enabled card is present on the bus.

Unlike the GVP, the Buddha haven't any jumper to disable the boot (in my best knowledge), so I am asking is there is any other, not invasive way, to achieve that.

Best regards

• The Amiga looks at the "boot priority" in the RDB of every drive. Just set the priority of the media on the Buddha lower than on the GVP, and the Amiga will do the rest. No need for ugly switches!

• Hi Jens, thanks for your answer. Unfortunately I have already tried this way. The problem is the gvpscsi.device inside the GVP board's ROM (from 4.x up are all the same, but to use big HD you need it). Even if I create the partitions on the Buddha HD as not bootable (or priority -128), the GVP try to read something multiple time, wasting almost 4 minutes before start to boot.

If there is no way to change that on the Buddha, I will live with that.

Thank you for your help.

• I would not know what the Buddha can do about that, as the delay is in the GVP ROM.

Did you ever try the "Guru ROM" for the GVP? That should not try any funny stunts with non-bootable partitions.

• Hi Jens.

Unfortunately, is more that a year that I am waiting to have the gururom. The person authorized by Babel to distribute the adapter and the rom is in terrible late. As soon I will receive it, I will post the result here, just in case someone else need some info.

Best regards

• I did contact Ralph Babel, asking for a license to put the Guru ROM on the ACA2000 (which would have been nice, as it would just be a menu item and no need to change chips on the controller), but he refused. He believes that the number of persons having a license is enough, and he further believes that the market is saturated.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.