ACA500+ CF Pinouts

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi All,

I am internally mounting my amiga and its accompanying ACA500+ into a case (Checkmate 1500) - Id like to extend a LED activity light from the BOOT CF card to the case. Is there any easy way of doing this please? Does anyone know if there is a specific PIN number on the CF interface I connect a wire to for example?

Kind Regards,

Darren

• It'll be a lot easier if you just access the two pins of the LED. The pin pitch of the CF card connectors is a lot smaller, and you risk shorting pins out if you don't have *very* good soldering equipment, a microscope and lots of experience.

• So now that I have everything working on my system - yay!! I thought I'd re-investigate this previous thread (I'd marked as resolved).

I have successfully attached a fine wire to the inner side of the BOOT LED and attached it to the + side of my Case HDD activity LED. On boot-up, the case LED mirrors the actions of the BOOT LED on the ACA500+ (i.e. it blinks off and on!). However, once the system is booted, the ACA500+ LED goes out, but my case LED stays solid orange - Although not a huge problem, I'm wondering why this is? Do I need any further 'electronics' between the two LEDs?

Darren

• You should really take both terminals directly from the LED, as the circuit allows the DisMo's MCU to pulse-width-modulate the LED in order to change it's brightness. However, the PWM turned out to be too slow for many CF cards, so brightness is always programmed to "full". Depending on the version of your ACA500plus (2016 or 2018 model), this may affect LED behaviour.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.