I'm looking to buy a case for the ACA 500 PLUS, it hasn't arrived yet as I've only ordered it today, but was wondering the following...

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Basically the seller of the cases asks if the board that I have is pre or post 09/2018. I'm assuming you're selling boards that were made after 2018, but just thought I best check to be sure before I order from them?

Also I've seen people installing a side port extension that reverses the direction of the ACA card and has it mounted internally, I've only seen one person who's done this and he can't seem to close his case, have you seen a solution for this at all?

Thanks for your time.

Rob Allen.

• Basically the seller of the cases asks if the board that I have is pre or post 09/2018. I'm assuming you're selling boards that were made after 2018, but just thought I best check to be sure before I order from them?

You'll have the new version, of course.

Also I've seen people installing a side port extension that reverses the direction of the ACA card and has it mounted internally, I've only seen one person who's done this and he can't seem to close his case, have you seen a solution for this at all?

That's going against the overall concept of the ACA500, as you can't access the CF card slots any more, you can't see the DisMo, you can't press the DisMo button, and there's no space to install an A1200 accelerator. It's like buying a sports car and driving it with thin spare wheels only - why cripple the ACA500plus?

• You'll have the new version, of course.

That's going against the overall concept of the ACA500, as you can't access the CF card slots any more, you can't see the DisMo, you can't press the DisMo button, and there's no space to install an A1200 accelerator. It's like buying a sports car and driving it with thin spare wheels only - why cripple the ACA500plus?

OK, thanks for your help, I'll make sure the external cases have access to the buttons and CF cards before I order. Thanks.

Rob.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.