Installing P96 fails

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I'm installing P96 on a A4000 with a fresh install of 3.1.4.1. I have a CVision643D graphics card which worked well in OS3.9 and Picasso96 old version from Aminet.

When I install P96 (v2.4) all seems to go well but I don't get any additional resolutions in prefs/screenmode. If I go to DEVS:montiors and click on the monitor file it says unable to attach board check P96 installation. But when I go into Picasso96mode and manually attach the board I can get the test pattern out of it. But when I save the settings and reboot the board is no longer attached and still nothing in Screenmode.

I did install the intuition.library as per OS3.1.4.1 instructions and it is working. Also OS3.1.4 says it supports P96.

I've tried uninstalling and installing again with no luck. Any idea where to go from here?

Thanks for any help =O

Randy=O

• I just reread the error message I get when I click on the CVison3D monitor file in devs:monitors

It says: Picasso96: Could not create graphics board context for 'CVision3D', please check your Picasso96 installation!

• It was the monitor file from an earlier version of P96, the one from Aminet. Don't know why the install didn't overwrite it but it didn't. Working fine now.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.