ACA 500 Plus Case?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, I was wondering if anyone sells a case for the ACA 500 Plus, I'm tempted to get the accelerator but at the same time don't like the idea of a piece of chipboard hanging out of my Amiga, it looks a bit unsightly.

Also I have a SCSI drive with 4 meg on board, can that be daisy chained and will the RAM on board that conflict with the RAM on the accelerator card?

If so I can always get rid of the SCSI drive I guess.

Thanks in advance.

• Also I have a SCSI drive with 4 meg on board, can that be daisy chained and will the RAM on board that conflict with the RAM on the accelerator card?

The ACA500plus occupies the whole address space, and it must be connected directly to the main machine. There is no way you can operate a second thing on the 86-pin expansion port at the same time. Further, there may be no expansion on the CPU socket of the main computer. Only a trapdoor expansion may remain in the A500.

• I've called the company today and asked if they are interested in us putting this as retail item into our shop. I believe that our shipping rate to te UK (11.31 EUR) is pretty good, and since people are asking for a case every now and then, it might be a good one to add to the shop.

Waiting for the boss to call back - he's in home office and was not available just now.

• I've called the company today and asked if they are interested in us putting this as retail item into our shop. I believe that our shipping rate to te UK (11.31 EUR) is pretty good, and since people are asking for a case every now and then, it might be a good one to add to the shop.

Waiting for the boss to call back - he's in home office and was not available just now.

That's great, I don't know if these things are an option too.

(ebay link removed)

I have seen someone on an Amiga group who's used one in combination with an SD card extender so that he can plug one end into the accelerator and have the other end come out the case somewhere for file transfers.

The only issue he told me about was that he couldn't close his case properly on the left hand side. Which would be a bit of a bother.

• I have removed the eBay link - no links to external shops, please.

Such an "upside-down" adapter extends the bus beyond sane length. This adds capacity to the bus that will harm stability. I recommend not to use it - not only because the CF cards aren't accessible any more.

Don't even try to argue "but it works for me" - it's not good practise to add capacitance to an alreaedy-critical bus.

• I have removed the eBay link - no links to external shops, please.

Such an "upside-down" adapter extends the bus beyond sane length. This adds capacity to the bus that will harm stability. I recommend not to use it - not only because the CF cards aren't accessible any more.

Don't even try to argue "but it works for me" - it's not good practise to add capacitance to an alreaedy-critical bus.

Gotcha, thanks, that's my mind made up then. :)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.