Clockport

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I am wondering if the clockport of the TC64 is hardware compatible with general clockport-peripherals sold for the Amiga ? I theory -- if Alastair's new AGA core will get clockport-support (like the one for V1 have in the special version(by Lallafa ?)) can we connect clockport-extenders or other clockportperipherals to use on our minimig and use the drivers which is released with the peripheral ? OR...is the TC64 clockport a limited/derivative which is only for rrnetmodule on c64core ?

Just asking to understand if might be a nice expansion-route for the future when the AGA core is out with clockport support (he would maybe look into it)

• @jens/@tobias: Quick question: Will the RRNET3 module in the TC work if I connect a 4-way clockportextender to the tc64 and then plug in the rrnet3 module into the extender (disregard the fact that it physically won't fit :) )

• There is no place where you could connect the additional two address lines that a 4-way clock port expander needs.

Further, there is no driver for RR-Net on the Amiga, and I would not encourage anyone to write one, as it'll be dead slow and totally not Amiga-worthy without IRQs. The Amiga deserves better. I'm thinking of an adapter that lets you connect the X-Surf-500 between the Chameleon and the Docking station, but need to investigate if we have a sufficient amount of signal lines available.

• There is no place where you could connect the additional two address lines that a 4-way clock port expander needs.

Further, there is no driver for RR-Net on the Amiga, and I would not encourage anyone to write one, as it'll be dead slow and totally not Amiga-worthy without IRQs. The Amiga deserves better. I'm thinking of an adapter that lets you connect the X-Surf-500 between the Chameleon and the Docking station, but need to investigate if we have a sufficient amount of signal lines available.

Yep. I think I asked about whether it would work on the amiga or not and that it would need a driver but it'd suck the life out of the cpu as it did not support interrupts (if I remember correctly) :) But -- I was mostly just asking electronically in my question above, whether or not the rrnet would still work with the c64core if it was connected via a clockport-extender. But you kind of answered that by informing me that the clockport lacked the extra addresslines.

Is the clockport on the tc64 not quite alike the clockport on the a1200 pinout-wise ?

• Is the clockport on the tc64 not quite alike the clockport on the a1200 pinout-wise ?

It's identical, except for a single line, the RTC select line. I didn't bother connecting that, as the Chameleon has it's own RTC. However, you pretty clearly asked for the possibility to connect a 4-way expander, and that's not possible, as these expanders require two more address lines that you can't get anywhere in the Chameleon - they are known only inside the FPGA.

• It's identical, except for a single line, the RTC select line. I didn't bother connecting that, as the Chameleon has it's own RTC. However, you pretty clearly asked for the possibility to connect a 4-way expander, and that's not possible, as these expanders require two more address lines that you can't get anywhere in the Chameleon - they are known only inside the FPGA.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. I just needed to know if an extender would work as it would open up for using more peripherals on the clockport_v1 core from Lallafa (or Alastair's new agacore if he find a way to include lallafa's clockportfix). :)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.